Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for Mounting my 10" Dob

Options
  • 18-02-2007 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

I want to put my Dob on a motorised mount, it is a Skywatcher 10" - to let me get into doing some astrowebcamming and need something to get it autotracking. (unless you think I am MAD!):D

Any recommendations?

Redman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Hey redman, 10" is getting pretty heavy, so you will need sturdy arrangement. How fast you want to go ($$$$$) I think the newer celestron cg5 (goto) are good. There are some good Vixen mounts (GPE, GP-DX) with good drives and general quality, no goto.

Think about whether you want or need go to. It takes a bit of effort, at least for me, and I often just don't set it up. I have an 8" f6 newt on a vixen GP with meade drives and autostar.
    Check out ebay, stuff there from time to time. Of course it's not as risk free as buying from dealer, maybe cheaper.
    I like adorama.com as well, though lately you get stung for duty on everything coming in, so keep that in mind.
    Of course, if you have a friend who is a rich gorilla, get a Paramount ME $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Thanks Tea Drinker, well perhaps I am going about things in the wrong way.

Really the next step I want to get to is Astrophotography, initially with web cam but eventually with some CCD device or camera.

I want the ability to shoot images of galaxies and planets in colour.
    I love my 10" Dob and get to see a lot , even in my suburban location.

Any other recommendations.....?

Advertisement