Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upgrade credit on 02

• 18-02-2007 11:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a SE k750i on the 02 network. I then got it unlocked and am using it on meteor. When I was buying the phone, I used my mothers 02 number to get the credit, so that she could get the free €90. Anyway, I went onto the 02 website to claim the free call credit. And when I did it asked for the date of birth.

When I was registering my mam's phone, I gave a different date of birth, and cannot remember it. If I just rang them up and said that I wanted to claim my free call credit, would it be a problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭adaminho

Call into any o2 store with the Imei and your mothers mobile number and they can register it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

adaminho wrote:
    Call into any o2 store with the Imei and your mothers mobile number and they can register it there.

Yeah, but the phone the free credit came on is mine, and hers is an older phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You can register the upgrade credit to any O2 number, it doesn't have to be the SIM used in the phone like Meteor do.

If you've forgotten your account details (or your mam has), ring up cust care (or ask your mam to do it if it's her account), and they'll proberly try and confirm something else with her. Once she can provide enough evidence of the account being hers ...

Also, try the forgotten password wizard on the O2 website.

If you've forgotten your account details (or your mam has), ring up cust care (or ask your mam to do it if it's her account), and they'll proberly try and confirm something else with her. Once she can provide enough evidence of the account being hers ...
    Hi Donny brook, If you Pm me the details I'll look after it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

adaminho wrote:
    Hi Donny brook, If you Pm me the details I'll look after it for you.

Ahh but how do I know you won't scam me out of my money lol. I just have to be sure to be sure.

• Advertisement

Don't PM your details to anyone. That's just foolish. Ring customer care and exhaust all options. You'll proberly find they're pretty reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

ciaranfo wrote:
    Don't PM your details to anyone. That's just foolish. Ring customer care and exhaust all options. You'll proberly find they're pretty reasonable.

Agreed.

Hi guys, I dont normally post in this section so I apologise for any confussion my post may have caused. I actually work for O2 and was offering to help. I would recomend doing what I said in my original post and take the details to an o2 retail store and let them sort it out for you.

adaminho wrote:
    Hi guys, I dont normally post in this section so I apologise for any confussion my post may have caused. I actually work for O2 and was offering to help. I would recomend doing what I said in my original post and take the details to an o2 retail store and let them sort it out for you.
    As an O2 employee you should know better really... unless you are to provide your O2 address for people to email you, or your O2 extension number for people to call direct.

PMing a "random" person is just a bad idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

In fairness to Adaminho I'm sure what he was doing was offering to bypass the o2 internal systems.

If he were to use the IMEI himself, this fraud could easily be traced and reversed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I work for O2 too I believe it was poor judgement to get the person to PM you. I know you were only looking after the OP interest but I think the official channels is the way to go. You could have said that if they PMd you you could point them in the right direction, of course maybe that is what you meant.....it's taking the turning them into fans a bit far!!!

I'm sure your heart was in the right place though:)

It should be OK to sort this out in any O2 store or ring Customer Care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

o2 employee here too,if you dont know the date of birth you can just call out some other details such as last 2 or 3 numbers dialled/texted

Advertisement