Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Bands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

InreigN are pretty class, they don't have a website as such but they do have a bebo page with some cool songs on it : http://inreign.bebo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Castro not too bad either http://-castro-.bebo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭trevufc

GIVEAMANAKICK and SEADOG are both rocking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 smilyhat

IDLE HANDS ROCK!!! I interviewed them before, they are so sound, and they played an acoutic version of "Fall to Life". My god, talk about an experience! One of the most underrated bands in the country. The fact that they are not getting the exposure/following they deserve is criminal and once agin proves whats wrong the music scene in Ireland. We're good, but why are why keeping our best bands a secret??? Makes no sense!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Giveamanakick are pretty dacent, The Pelvic Thrust are pretty good too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Selenium are great imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Gotta hit up we should be dead with a plug here. Two of the hardest rockin women right there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 smilyhat

actually got a little caught up there and forgat to mention "Windings"- actually its just one guy- the lead guy from Giveamanakick, but its savage..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 davemc06

Selenium are great imo
    Indeed they are! Sound guys! :)
    Don't think much of Idle hands. Seen them a few times...
    Both Roper and Giveamanakick are really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Psyatica - In the middle of a World Tour at the moment...
    Decato

Also, as mentioned above
    Roper
    Inreign
    The Demise

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Walter Mitty and the Realists. One of the best band around if you ask me as well as gamak.

http://www.myspace.com/waltermittyandtherealists

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

The Saint wrote:
    Walter Mitty and the Realists. One of the best band around if you ask me as well as gamak.

http://www.myspace.com/waltermittyandtherealists

Have to agree, "red is the number" is a class tune, very funky beat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 davemc06

Just gave the song a listen there! Really liking it. Shall go see them, when they gig in Limerick. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I seen We Should be Dead in Dolans supporting The Twang(i think it was), they were excellent. The 2 lads from the band work in HMV in town

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

Vesta Varro are another great band. Saw them in Dolans a few weeks ago and they rocked big time.

www.myspace.com/vestavarro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭maca912

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

shoppergal wrote:
    Vesta Varro are another great band. Saw them in Dolans a few weeks ago and they rocked big time.

www.myspace.com/vestavarro

playing HMV in limerick at 4pm on the 19th:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tiwi1890

walter mitty just won indie week canada 2008! brilliant!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Does anyone know if Solloway are still together? I remember hearing they were supporting Diamond Head, but that was ages ago. Themeslves and Section Pink were two of the best young bands in Limerick a few years ago.

/edit
    One of my best friends has been recommending Walter Mitty and the Realists to me for some time, I'll have to check them out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Ropers new stuff from what i heard is unreal, not there album stuff but after that. The song breach from the holy law or somthing is nuts. Its on youtube if you type in roper riverfest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Soloway are still around, they had a tour this summer with Saxon.

They're playing on Halloween in Dolan's I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

rubber bandits.

nuff said!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

RINO87 wrote: »
    rubber bandits.

nuff said!

Not what I would call a band but anyway.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 goth_detective

ah theres some amzing bands and artists...delighted i know a good few of them...all down to earth lads and ladies that deserve recognition

Idle Hands
    Last Days of Death Country
    Roper
    Highwired
    Patrick O Brien
    Kiernan Mc Mullan
    Jen Ronan
    Walter Mity and the Realists
    The Fewer the Better
    We should be dead
    Giveamanakick
    Windings
    Fox jaw bounty hunters
    Supermodel Twins
    Peter Delaney

i could be here for the day...heres just some of the amzing talent out there...most can be seen around limerick giggin whether it be in bakers or dolans or UL

Idle hands,last days of death country and kiernan mc mullan playing dolans warehouse halloween night....gonna be a savage gig!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

tiwi1890 wrote: »
    walter mitty just won indie week canada 2008! brilliant!

Nice one, didnt V.V. win that same thing last yr? Two from two for Limerick if so! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

dK1NG wrote: »
    Nice one, didnt V.V. win that same thing last yr? Two from two for Limerick if so! :)

Yep we did! :D

Walter Mitty took the crown this year, best I've seen the lads play, they really went for it and it came across in each of their performances.

Cork band Fred and Tipp band Maslow also played over there during the festival, was a great week, my liver is still recovering though..

For any band, from Limerick or based elsewhere, trying to break out of their home territory and really push themselves, I couldn't recommend Indie Week enough.

Advertisement