Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have epic birdy yet?

Options
  • 18-02-2007 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

I don't :mad:

Way too expensive! Standard could of at least been 100% for it to be of use :( Who here has farmed their way to aerial supremecy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

getting there, 3.5k gold atm without ebaying

(and i've bought the standard bird which is DIRE)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I've got about 7G at the minute. I decided to spend the 4000G that I had on some stuff that was more beneficial to me rather than a bird that will lose its novelty after a few days. Instead I'm exhalted with the Aldor, I've got tailoring to 375 with a lot of nice epics from that, and I've stockpiled a shit load of pots for raiding. Money still comes easy from selling bags and stuff. I can make about 600g+ from selling one 20 slot bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Binomate wrote:
    I can make about 600g+ from selling one 20 slot bag.

600! Really? :D Im soo taking up tailoring lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Not even close to it, spent all my money on getting exalted with Scryers. Gonna be a long time before I seriously farm for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Got the epic birdie wasn't too bad for me was i got 225 riding skill for nothing as a druid. that coupled with the fact that it was announced that an epic druid flying form was going to be introduced but we'd have to pay the 5000g for 300 riding skill.

The speed is nice tbh and useful for world pvp in the likes in hellfire etc. Have pretty much run out of quests to do but cash is still easy to come by primal mana and water etc going for 25gold each on my server.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Binomate wrote:
    I've got about 7G at the minute. I decided to spend the 4000G that I had on some stuff that was more beneficial to me rather than a bird that will lose its novelty after a few days. Instead I'm exhalted with the Aldor, I've got tailoring to 375 with a lot of nice epics from that, and I've stockpiled a shit load of pots for raiding. Money still comes easy from selling bags and stuff. I can make about 600g+ from selling one 20 slot bag.

I've tailoring at 350. Hmm.. maybe I will make enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

At the moment, I've 280k exp to 70 and I'm still 400g short of the standard flying mount. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

How'd you manage that? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

got mine about a day after i leveled 70, only started with 500g when TBC came out. Made alot of money by selling fel iron , adamantite and eternium bars at extorsion prices when people couldnt settle on a standard price in the begining. Throw on top of that the random blues that drop and primal fire/air/earth etc. Just remember to loot every single grey thrash loot, it really adds up.

The mount is excellent for world pvp, chasing runners, flying onto roofs and shooting afk'rs (i'm a hunter) and just flying up to a safe place to eat/drink after a fight ( particularly the small islands above halaa in nagrand)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

c0rk3r wrote:
    Just remember to loot every single grey thrash loot, it really adds up.

Trash.

Rogue.

Wipe.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

i started TBC with about 120g...up to 480g now and almost at lvl 62...aint even got my epic horsey yet... should i shell out and get it? i could buy the bgs one but im 19 AV marks off it and 25 WSG marks..have all the AB ones..

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

if you want to get a flying mount at 70 you will have to buy the epic horse riding skill first.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

splinter wrote:
    i started TBC with about 120g...up to 480g now and almost at lvl 62...aint even got my epic horsey yet... should i shell out and get it? i could buy the bgs one but im 19 AV marks off it and 25 WSG marks..have all the AB ones..
    Just pay for the skill... and PvP for the rest :)
    So I dinged 70... and I'm still 350g away from my birdie :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Costs 6k gold. I have it and it is useful, but if you don't have the money yet you can always get the lesser one and upgrade later.

On our server the 20 slot bags sell for 650g, and the 8 primals which you need sell for like 75g, 4 netherwebs too for 10g each so the mats are around 650g anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Best money I've ever spent! Farming herbs is sooooo much easier now, spot herb, swoop in, grab herb, fly out...

Really do wish we could at least mount in the old world though. What ever about flying but at least being able to run around on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Dustaz wrote:
    Trash.

Rogue.

Wipe.

Thanks.

Faeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Dustaz wrote:
    Trash.

Rogue.

Wipe.