Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Clare

Options
  • 18-02-2007 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi,

Please, can you give me some advice on this? I am interested in getting broadband setup in my home in Clare (West Clare to be precise). I was wondering if anyone could recommend a provider?

I was looking at the deal Eircom have at the moment where they offer broadband, free rental and calls for around 55 euro per month.

I am totally clueless about broadband so any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

stopper

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

have you a phone line ????? :p

if not, is there DSL around there , have you checked ????

otherwise eircom will give you nothing for €55 a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭stopper

Thanks for the reply. Yep, we do have a phone line.

stopper

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

You should try the Eircom line checker and put in your number to see if you can actually get BB. This is a link to Eircoms BB ordering website click on order and the second step in the process will test your line number for you :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

You can get wireless broadband in certain areas too.

Check out www.clarebroadband.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

stopper wrote:
    Hi,

Please, can you give me some advice on this? I am interested in getting broadband setup in my home in Clare (West Clare to be precise). I was wondering if anyone could recommend a provider?

Define West Clare ! We do provide Fanore, Ballyvaughan and the whole coast into Co. Galway, on top of that, if you can see Maghera, your chances are equally good.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Theres almost always been a bit of irishwan out around clare since you're going to have to pay for wireless gear anyway it might suit you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭stopper

Thanks for all the replies. I'm actually in Kilrush town.

Advertisement