Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitors hooked up to PC but left-pan sound coming out of both speakers?

Options
  • 18-02-2007 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

I'll try and describe this as good as I can but I'm sort of illiterate when it comes to this.
    Myself and a couple of friends hooked up these m-audio monitors that I was given without any cables. So we bought all cables needed with the 2 jack splitter to connect to back of PC and sound comes from both of the speakers..but it's the sound of the left pan. When cross to the right pan it's silent. When I put in my headphones there is just sound on the left hand side also and when I take out the speakers connection the headphones go back to normal?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Is it possible that the splitter cable is mono? Does it have one or two black bands around the plug at the soundcard end? I'm assuming the outputs on the soundcard are stereo, but depending on the soundcard there could be a separate left and right.

If thats not the issue:
    What's the soundcard?
    What's the model of the maudio monitors?
    How have you connected your headphones, speakers (specify cable used connector labels on soundcard and on monitors)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Thanks for reply...

Right the monitors are m-audio BX5. I've got a cable from each of them going to a stereo adapter into the back of my desktop, where the ordinary dell speaker slotted into.
    Soundcard on the desktop is Sound Blaster Audigy 2.
    Have the headphones connected at the front of the desktop where the headphones slot is

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

It's definately a problem with your stereo splitter. The sound card has a stereo output , once the splitter is in the right output it should do the job. If it's not try another splitter. Maplins or peats will have them.

Advertisement