Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where can I get tyres fitted that I have bought online?

Options
  • 18-02-2007 1:18pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I want to buy some new tyres from http://www.eiretyres.com - however I phoned a few local tyre places and they all say they will not fit then unless you have bought the tyres there!

Anyone know a place (preferable in south Dublin) that will fit and balance tyres bought elsewhere?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

from eiretyres.com...........

Here you find installation service companies within Ireland.

town: DUBLIN / CO DUBLIN 22

1 Coby's Tyre & Auto Services
    Red Cow Naasteiretyres.com
    tDublin / Co Dublin 22© Delticom 4.17907
    phone number: 014 591308
    Fax: 014 591012

Opening hours:

From Monday to Friday 8.00-6 hours
    Saturday call hours

The price of the mounting of one tyre, includes demounting of the old one, putting in a new valve, Balancing, mount the new tyre and VAT EUR 10,00
    Plus disposal of the old tyres (if requested) EUR incl
    Aloy wheel rims: EUR 10,00 additional charge
    Maximal rim size: Unlimite "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

If you look here they have a list of fitters that will fit them.

edit: beaten to it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Zascar wrote:
    I want to buy some new tyres from http://www.eiretyres.com - however I phoned a few local tyre places and they all say they will not fit then unless you have bought the tyres there!

Anyone know a place (preferable in south Dublin) that will fit and balance tyres bought elsewhere?

You'll probably find you can buy the same tyres fitted cheaper than the combined cost of purchase online and subsequent fitting. AND you'll save yourself a lot of hassle too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Eiretyres always work out expensive when you factor in the fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

i found them cheaper even after fitting costs which is normally 50Euros

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

turbo wrote:
    i found them cheaper even after fitting costs which is normally 50Euros
    How much cheaper and was it worth the hassle of having to get them by courier or whatever and put them into your boot and haul them to someone to fit them AFTER having found someone to oblige?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

OK can anyone recommend where I can get these tyres at a good price:

Toyo PROXES T1-R 215/45 ZR17

Avns1s wrote:
    How much cheaper and was it worth the hassle of having to get them by courier or whatever and put them into your boot and haul them to someone to fit them AFTER having found someone to oblige?

it was about 70 Euros Cheaper, it wasnt alot of hassele once you got the room for the tyres in your car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Go to Roundabout Tyres on walkinstown roundabout. Have used them for years for tyres for the car and for puncture repairs for the bike, very reasonable.

Zascar wrote:
    OK can anyone recommend where I can get these tyres at a good price:

Toyo PROXES T1-R 215/45 ZR17

they are very hard to get , i think your best bet is ordering them from eiretyres ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yeah I can get 2 of them for €244 which is excellent I think.

How much does it usually cost to get 2 tyres fitted and balance?

Zascar wrote:
    Yeah I can get 2 of them for €244 which is excellent I think.

How much does it usually cost to get 2 tyres fitted and balance?

4 is normally 50 Euros

Advertisement