Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent mudguards for a Trek FX

Options
  • 18-02-2007 1:45pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I got myself one of these earlier in the year
    bike.jpg

I got mudguards when I bought it but the back one is just total crap so I get destroyed even if the ground is just alittle wet (tyres seem to be very good and pulling crap off the ground and spraying it on my back).

This is what I have at present....
    mudguard1.jpg
    mudguard2.jpg

Anyone have any suggestions for something better but that won't ruin the look of the bike?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

SKS make very good mudguards. If you are using the tyres that came with your bike you need a set of P45 mudguards (P35 for narrow). They are very durable though require some time and patience to fit. They will ruin the look of your bike but there's no better mudguard out there.

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewCat_h.asp?idCategory=135

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I cut up a 2 litre Coke bottle and added parts of it to the end of my mudguards (screwed on). Adds extra length with almost no weight.

Advertisement