Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webstore Suggestions

Options
  • 18-02-2007 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking at setting up a simple e-Commerce site however i have a requirement for customers to be able to setup their own site automatically.

Every site will have a similar look & feel.

So, my site will be called something like www.mysite.com.
    When a customer wishes to setup their own webstore, they simply signup pay a small fee, choose a template & their webstore gets automatically setup as www.mysite.com/customer1 etc.

Any ideas what packages i can use to set this up?
    I need it to be as simple as possble to manage.

Thanks,
    W

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

You're looking for a replica of cafepress then?
    I'm not sure but maybe Oscommerce has one or two hacks which can provide you with a similar system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

You're looking for a replica of cafepress then?
    I'm not sure but maybe Oscommerce has one or two hacks which can provide you with a similar system.
    Hacks, Hacks... Be careful!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

You won't find an out of the box solution with this type of functionality (that I am aware of). I do a fair amount of e-commerce work and I have been asked for to do something similar but in the end the level of complexity and business issues raised put off the client.

The bottom line is you would most likely need to get something custom coded.

Advertisement