Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What make of laptop do you have?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Rhodney

mine is a macbook white c2d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

id have thought Hp/compaq would have been in the list.

sweet hp nc4000 without a bother for about a year now. battery about 1.5 hours. love it to bits :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Dell Inspiron 1150
    A few years old now but works ok. Probably wouldn't go with Dell again for a laptop though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I think IMB/Lenovo are HP.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Dell Inspiron 9400. Absolutely love the thing. It's a bloody beast of a yoke. Worst thing about it was the media direct thing needed it's own 2gb partition but a format sorted that out(along with all the crap dell like to install on your pc for ya).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

On my third Toshiba. Never had any problems. Worth the extra money IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

a 2 year old gericom ego which has never gave me a days trouble.need to get more ram for it though as im trying vista out on it *ahem*

any tips for a good place to get some ram?

and a dell 6400 (oh why oh why did i buy that damn thing :mad: )

breaking my heart and its just 6 months old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Timans wrote:
    I think IMB/Lenovo are HP.

????

IBM/Levono are, em, IBM/Levono.

HP is, erm, HP. Unless you are thinking of compaq, who are part of HP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I've a Sony Vaio z600 and a Samsung x50. The Sony is about 7 or 8 years old, never gave a single problem even though it's taken some knocks and a few big drops in its time. Great piece of hardware, would love to have stayed with Sony when I was upgrading but they didn't have a model that suited me at the time. Went with the X50, no complaints so far and never had a problem with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

HP Pavilion dv2000...no problems yet anyway. Looks the biz and excellent screen clarity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

Acer Aspire 9510, a beauty of a laptop if i do say so myself.

My trusty old Tosh Satellite, upgraded to a gig of RAM and running Linux, never any trouble apart from some spring cleaning now and again, damn my dusty room!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

XPS m1210

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Compaq Presario R3000. Hard drive packed up after 30 days but was replaced. It's few years old now but still going strong. Battery needs replacing.It's as portable as the mains lead reaches.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Vaio C Series. 3 months old and not a single problem... Great machine - and for all the Mac fans out there, mine is green...

http://shop.sonystyle-europe.com/SonyStyle/b2c/init.do?shop=SST_IE_EN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Use a Dell Inspiron 6000 at home and a G4 Powerbook at work. No complaints with either, although the Powerbook is showing its age a bit now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Compaq Presario R3000. Hard drive packed up after 30 days but was replaced. It's few years old now but still going strong. Battery needs replacing.It's as portable as the mains lead reaches.:D

Have an R3000z - AMD 64bit, about 2 years old now. Battery sucks, and the hard disk died last week but it is still a great system. This is the 3rd compaq my gf and I have had. My work pc is a Siemens s7010. Not a bad system and it is pretty light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

macbook pro as of yesterday and love it. Going to be used 90% for work. I'm amazed at the quality of it, and a lot of nice little features it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Packard Bell Easynote. Never again, had nothing but trouble from it. Hopefully getting a nice ThinkPad soon :)

Advertisement