Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imag!ne

Options
  • 18-02-2007 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Any good, service wise, billing, actual speed etc. It's available in my area.. Thinking of getting just wanted other opinions.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I've been with them since September 2005.

Good points:
    Unlimited national calls for €9.99 a month.(Eircom line rental bumps this up by €14 amonth)
    Always on broadband for €9.99 a month
    So to sum up, they are cheaper than Eircom for what they provide.

Bad Points:
    The 1mb package I'm on is very slow, i.e. the download speeds are in the region of 100 - 150 kps.

The service connection can drop from time to time and can take a while to be restored.

Bills are usually inaccurate, e.g. I've gotten my bill for the period 1st - 31st January 2007 but the bill relates to calls I made in Sept 2005!!!!! Repeated requests to change this have failed (ongoing problem).

Have charged me for calls I made months ago and paid for previously.

Problems with my line have to be logged with Imagine, who must then contact Eircom and wait for a response. If Eircom have a query (which they invariably do), they contact Imagine, who then contact me and the cycle repeats. Took me 10 weeks to get my line reconnected after it was taken down for contsruction work on my house.

Its my own personal belief that if Eircom loses you as a customer, they take their time in repairing faults to your line and prioritise their own customers over you, even though by law, they are forbidden to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Ok had the service for 6 mmonths and was fine until the last week or so.

Basically they seem to be implementing some kind of port control that gives certain amounts of bandwidth to certain kinds of traffic so the web is close to un useable at certain times, but other kinds of traffic are fine.

I've no problems with ftp downloads, email and anything not on port 80, but I find at peak times the web use is practically unuseable - I get a lot of DNS errors so I think its also a possibility that is the problem.
    Waiting to see if things improve - i would guess that how good/bad the service is depends on where you live and how many neighbours use the services also.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭moceri

I have been with Imagine about two years and their service is Good for anyone wanting a basic DSL service. It offers the Best "Bang for your Buck" when bundled with the Home phone package. Speeds are OK for Light use typically I am getting 370 KB/S Down and 103 KB/s UP. This is OK for me as I am living in Cork outside the Urban area, One-person household and Satellite is outside my budget.

Download limits are 12 GB per month, although they have said they are flexible on this within Acceptable limits.

If You do have problems, Customer service is VERY FLAKY- especially by telephone. Best to make all requests by e-mail or service ticket from their website, as I have had experience of agreed actions being renegged on, and can be very defensive and given the run round when chasing up service calls.

Their Support Department Is not technically strong but have a good knowledge base to consult If you have time to browse through it. I did have a Loss of BB service for a week and they were good enough to put me in direct contact with the local Eircom Engineer who quickly solved the problem.

I suspect It's modeled On RYAN AIR = Cheap and Cheerful and but don't Hold your breath when things go wrong.

I Chose them on the basis that I was desperate to get away from Eircom and its useful that single billing includes BB, Phone and line rental.

Calls are Itemised.

Downside - Account can only be set up on a DD or Credit Card Mandate so they control how you pay your bill and billing mistakes are not easily rectified.

Advertisement