Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science

Options
  • 18-02-2007 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Any science students here? Just wondering what the course is like. I only have Biology for my leaving cert, but love it, just not sure if the whole Chemistry/Physics aspects are easy to get into in first year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I didn't do science in Maynooth but generally all subjects in university are taught as if you never did the subject before. Not having done chemistry or physics for the LC is probably a bonus as I had to unlearn a lot of wrong information from LC chemistry when I took chemistry in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

I'm in 4th year sceince, and yes they are all taught as though you'd never done them, which means you'd be sorted for biology. You have to take Maths in first year, but there are 2 levels. Then there are 4 more to choose from - chemistry, experimental physics, mathematical physics and computer science.

You take 4 in total in first year, then drop one for second year, same for third year and then in fourth year you can keep the two subjects from third year or drop one. :)

Advertisement