Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant turn key on lock

Options
  • 18-02-2007 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

I cant seem to be able unlock sliding doors, the key turns but not enough for the lock to open, tried WD 40, doors last open a few months back. any ideas on what might be the trouble thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

What kind of lock is it?

I had a problem with the sliding doors in my house. There is a lock attached to the door, its an extra lock. The key would turn in the lock but the lock would not open. The problem was that the key was upside down. Strange that it turned, but did not open the lock while upside down.

You are probably having a different problem, just thought I'd mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

Can you push the door fully closed or is there any play. The door may be slightly open , hence putting pressure on the latch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

themole wrote:
    What kind of lock is it?

I had a problem with the sliding doors in my house. There is a lock attached to the door, its an extra lock. The key would turn in the lock but the lock would not open. The problem was that the key was upside down. Strange that it turned, but did not open the lock while upside down.

You are probably having a different problem, just thought I'd mention it.
    Mole the key does turn but the extra bit you need just wont hapen,
    brldin tried playing with it up ,down back,forth no luck, might have to bite the bullet and get the locksmith dreading the price ,ie might also say I need a new lock

Advertisement