Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls: Please say I'm Mistaken

Options
  • 18-02-2007 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Having bought the Elder Scrolls IV I must say it is a fantastic game. I'm really enjoying it but I'm scared of something. All I've heard is that this game is huge and takes ages to finish, which is great. I'm on the quest where you bring Martin to the Cloud Temple and so far I've had precious little chance to explore and really get into the nitty gritty of the game.
    But now, shock horror, I've been informed by someone that after only 3, yes 3 hours of play I'm on something like the 4th of only 15 quests! I am one third of the way through Elder Scrolls and it has taken so little time and been so easy I'm starting to feel cheated out of my money! Yes I know I can explore between quests but I thought to myself: Lets just get the frist three or four out of the way, do the important stuff like get Martin to safety and low and behold I find myself a good way through the game. I'm going to have to step back now and do some exploration and side quests but whats the point if I'm so far into the game already? I need someone to say, settle down, you've only scrathed the surface and there is plenty more to do. I need someone to tellme what I say is blasphemous! GTA and Zelda were so engrossing and took ages to finish even if you didnt do the side missions, there were loads of main missions! I'm hoping Oblivion is the same.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

3 hours? Maybe you are just focusing on the main quest? Thats only around 15 hours but theres so much else to do really. Im 50 hours in and arent anywhere near finished. Just dont focus on the main quest. Go exploring. Visit some of the villages. Join the guilds. Enjoy for the next 100 hours or so. Oh and when you do finish the main quest the game just continues on after a cutscene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

well kind of yeah, just wanted to get Martin off my back before i did anything but already find myself 30% through the main quest!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

forbesii wrote:
    well kind of yeah, just wanted to get Martin off my back before i did anything but already find myself 30% through the main quest!

Don't worry.
    You're still at the very beginning of the game.
    Once you get Martin to the temple go explore, join a few guilds.
    You still have:
    The Thieves Guild
    The Mages Guild
    The Fighters Guild
    The Dark Brotherhood (Murderers Guild)
    The Arena
    All the Daedric Quests (A personal favorite of mine)

And every city has about 5 side missions as well!

The first time I played the game through, I had over 100 hours of game-play behind me!

pheuw! exactly what i hoped! thanks for that! go munster!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I think I left Martin in the temple a good 50 hours or so ago and haven't been back to see him since. There is loads more stuff to do in Oblivion, but you have reminded me that its about time I went back to the temple though soon.

• Advertisement

glad to help!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

you might find it easier to just complete the main quest to stop those random annoying oblivion gates from opening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    you might find it easier to just complete the main quest to stop those random annoying oblivion gates from opening
    But Oblivion is the only place where you'll get those cool Sigil Stones :D

forbesii wrote:
    pheuw! exactly what i hoped! thanks for that! go munster!

No bother man.
    P.S: Munster, soon to be two times European Champions!:D
    Fidelis wrote:
    But Oblivion is the only place where you'll get those cool Sigil Stones :D

Very, very, true!

I used to constantly avoid Oblivion Gates untill I found out how valuable and cool they were!

Although I do tend to just run through the Oblivion Realms just to get them, ignoring all the Daedra and leaving them trailing behind!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Although I do tend to just run through the Oblivion Realms just to get them, ignoring all the Daedra and leaving them trailing behind!:p
    If you quick-save before you grab the Sigil Stone, you can then continually reload the game until you get the skill you want! :D

• Advertisement

Fidelis wrote:
    If you quick-save before you grab the Sigil Stone, you can then continually reload the game until you get the skill you want! :D

Decent!:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Guitar1979

How in Gods name can you level up quickly with mysticism? Any ideas would be much appreciated..

Bon Soir.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Guitar1979 wrote:
    How in Gods name can you level up quickly with mysticism? Any ideas would be much appreciated..

Bon Soir.
    Cheat? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

just take martin to the cloud temple and leave him there and go to the imperial city to the arena. you will run into the dark brotherhood and the thieves guild not too long after and then youll see how great the game REALLY is

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

And get the expansion to add more hours of gameplay!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Im so far away from completing the main quest just keep getting distracted by side quests without meaning to. Great game fear ill be playing on and off for a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

The game is huge, but you need to go and do the missions for the different guilds. It is easily a 60hr+ game, I never finished it, and don't have the patience to, but it's one of the longest games onthe 360 easily.

But, you need to branch off from the main quest; this will also help you see more of it. It is much more a free roaming game than the FF games.

Start some of the guild missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

It's handy having Martin around. As he never dies, he's a good man to have in a fight :)

I must pick this game up again and try finish the main quest

Advertisement