Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTN shows smoking indoors

Options
  • 18-02-2007 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

In the Ents This program (part) the beginning of the Interview with Aslan shows one of the band members smoking in the dressing room. I assume this is in the student bar. Just thought Id mention this but does this happen regularly with bands ? Is it okay , can I spark up in my office. Hang on i think i just might :)

and i just noticed a child with what looks like a can of Strongbow in his hand ! Donico where are you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Famous people frequently get away with breaking the law.
    I'm sure it happpens a fair bit.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

That's hilarious! That could potentially be national news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

In the male toilets behind the stage that bands tend to use as a dressing room, there is now a sign that says something like....

No smoking, this even applies to the "superstars"

PS - aslan are rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

That's an absolute disgrace, utterly ****ing scandalous, I hope CTN gets shut down

for subjecting viewers to an interview with Aslan, horrible stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

id report him, only itd be the bar that gets in trouble and not that spanner from alsan

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Fines apply both to the person involved and the business premises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

*contemplates*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Surely Services, Gardai and Health and Safety Authority have all been notified of this offence against the state? Oh yes, how did I forget Joe Duffy.

And clearly CTN should be closed down immediately and Hugh Brady should resign in disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spectator#1

That's nothing compared to what happens in the toilets in Trinity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

ahahahah! :D

i was just saying to someone that i was wondering what the next contraversey would be!

how is it CTN's fault? i didnt tell them to smoke. nor did i see them. still havent see the show yet.

also it was grolsh not strongbow.

how did you see it? is it up yet and where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I have no idea how this has anything to do with CTN. If CTN records an assault on campus should CTN be prosecuted and jailed for assault?

What a ridiculous thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Its rock and Roll baby.Rock stars dont need laws they make the laws man!

Though I wouldnt put Aslan in the 'rock and roll' bracket. What next, the corrs trashing a hotel room?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

Sangre wrote:
    I have no idea how this has anything to do with CTN. If CTN records an assault on campus should CTN be prosecuted and jailed for assault?

so far Sangre has 3 "Rational game points". posibly the highest scorer on this forum.

i only relise a few minutes ago you where a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Sangre wrote:

In fairness only 1 poster on thread thought this was CTNs fault/that they should get in trouble

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I don't think this thread should have any bearing on CTN or it's staff. I think the only point is that the Student Bar (incidentally, an SU institution), and the band in question.

Also bearing in mind that making accusations of a criminal nature against these parties is legally dangerous, this is a tricky course of business.

Incidentally, for those of you who didn't spot this, the two posts that claimed CTN should be shut down, namely, cast_iron's and Jonny Arson's were posted very much tongue in cheek.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

The Student bar is neither owned nor run by the SU, they seem to claim they do but they dont.
    There is a committee and they hold one (arguably 2) of 10 seats.

And the 1 poster I was talking about was a Red Alert post that seems to be deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Do we have to keep bringing CTN up every 5 seconds? They really don't deserve to be talked about so much, considering the fantastic job they're doing.

/me beats head off wall.

Advertisement