Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best year of school?

Options
  • 18-02-2007 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

I know it sounds mad but my friends and I were just discussing during the week how 6th year is turning out to be the best year of school so far.

Besides the trivial fact of the Leaving Cert, classes have been much more productive as we actually WANT to learn, yet we are old enough to have the craic with teachers, as well as get alot more freedom and can hold fun events and things around the school, as most of the organisation responsibilites go to us.

Maybe it's just my school.... just wondering how the year is turning out for you? Like if you put the study in, there's the fun aspect of school to enjoy, not to mention all the 18ths outside school.... :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Agreed, despite all its horrible aspects 6th year is the best.

Because your work is not all for nothing and it leads you into doing what you want to do.

In blissful ignorance, however, I'd have said 4th was the best at the time (not now though)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

yeah actually thats true! we actually get on really well with most of our teachers this year and also we're allowed out for lunch which is grand! i had a free irish class a few weeks ago and for the first time in my memory of school we actually all studied without being forced to! it was brilliant! god im easily pleased....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Hmmmm....6th year.

Good: Last year, Debs, Grads.

Bad: Stress, pressure on schoolwork/personal life, having to quit job/not have relationships.

Nah, I wouldn't call it my best year. But that's just me.

well the first few months were absolute CRAP but its improved now! it'll probably suck again after the mocks cos im gonna be skinned alive but only 4months left! :) happt thoughts!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

The last few months of the LC are supposed to be legendary (according to last years 6th years) But i thought TY was the best by far, no homework, stress, or any cause for worry. It was very relaxed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Rozabeez wrote:
    Hmmmm....6th year.

Good: Last year, Debs, Grads.

Bad: Stress, pressure on schoolwork/personal life, having to quit job/not have relationships.

Nah, I wouldn't call it my best year. But that's just me.
    I still have relationships and a job :(

4th year got kind of boring after a while imo, like my brain was dissolving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

6th year cause got lots of new friends! but junior cert year was good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I quit my job 'cause it was exhausting and on the recent end of a long relationship my mother has decided to ban me from all men 'til after the exams. Hopefully she's joking.

im not allowed have a job and my last relationship completely went to hell cos of 6th year which is why the first few months were absolute crap but its all improved cos the parents have eased up now that im studying (seemingly...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

6th year hasnt been my favorite year so far.
    Things better pick up in college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Transition Year was definetely the best for me although 6th has been good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

2nd year was the best....no longer loser 1st years in the base class (all classes-one room) and not an exam year. TY was too much of a doss. 3rd year...a bit bent. 5th year...shock to the system after TY..

6th year...way too much stress to get my points, and most of my friends are in college...gheyyy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Hmm. Tough choice really.

1st Year - A laugh as we got to be resident 'cheeky wee bastards' in the school. A lot of the teachers were eejits and the work was handy. But we were all a bit too naive then too.

2nd Year - Erm...don't remember anything from then. Got a bit less naive I suppose. Improved on the doll front too.

3rd Year - Laughed at teachers telling us the junior was important. Doll front got better again. Started getting some form of respect in school.

4th Year (No TY) - Tad more stress as majority of subjects were, and still are, an absolute balls. Doll front reached a new high. Got even more respect within school.

5th Year - Every other year became oh so small. ****loads of stress. Still a good laugh as we're more or less in command of the school. Doll front's gone away to hell though.

Sooooo ... I'd have to go 5th year. Dunno why, just been a wee bit more of a laugh. 4th and 2nd years are a close second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

I totally agree. I find that we enjoy the shorter times of fun spent together rather than like 4th year where we had the whole friggin year. Yes I was bored by October, and by June I wanted out of my school. Everyday was a drag, coming in for 9 classes to invent something to talk about.

But 6th year, my time is limited, and the special nights we go and have fun are so much more fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Yeah junior years were fun because everyone is so irresponsible and immature and you do stupid things which you think are hilarious.It's fun to look backon and all but I find now, instead of fighting and giving hassel to the teacher, they're practically joining in with us :D The juniors now are more of an annoyance, I can only imagine how the school felt about us back then, we done some bad stuff....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

is LC so much fun you'd do it twice :eek:

Aside from the minor annoyance of actually having a state exam, yeah it is the best year

Advertisement