Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illustrator Bounding box problem

Options
  • 18-02-2007 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Strange one this,

Everytime I try to scale a bounding box problem around an object it scales the item contained within aswell, does anyone know what option changes that I can just modify the shape of the bounding box seperate ?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I don't quite understand - isn't the bounding box the maximum size of the vector? Therefore the bounding box is simply a hypothetical area. So if you want to reduce the size of the vector - you alter the size of the bounding box. But you can't keep the bounding box the same size if you want to scale the item that it referrs to.

What exactly do you want to do? Can you stick up an example?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

It was a text box problem in the end, couldnt adjust the size of it without the text inside being resized aswell ...

Sorry for the bad explanation at start, copied & pasted onto a new artboard and it was fine ...

Advertisement