Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missing Icons and wireless connection ?

• 18-02-2007 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi all, i have a friend who`s laptop recently lost the icons for her wireless service in both the taskbar and in network connections, the dedicated on/off button on the lappy also has ceased to function.
    Its a HP Pavillion laptop and this problem seems to have arisen overnight rather than her having trouble over a period of time with it, everthing seems ok in device manager and a hardwire connection works as well as ever, any help would be very welcome.

voyager :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Check Device Manager in My Computer (right-click on My Computer, select Manage).

Are there any yellow question marks or exclamation marks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭voyager

Hi t d, nothing showing any problems in device manager, also tried all the usual options, like reboots, restarts, updating drivers, system restore points etc`, but nothing seems to help, i was thinking of over writing xp rather than a clean instal to see if this replaces any missing files or drivers, any opinions on this avenue of approach ?.

voyager :confused:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i did this on my laptop at the weekend, it seemed to fix it,
    you have to install it to the same directory, i'm not sure a repair would fix it, but the full instalation of it did

Advertisement