Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opera Mini to the rescue! (Vodaphone/Gmail)

• 18-02-2007 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

After much shenanigans trying to get gmail and WAP on my Three phone, I returned my K610i to the shop today and got a refund.

I then bought a V630i from Vodaphone (same phone, different packaging) - I got access to the WAP site I needed straight away. But I was still having probs with Gmail - I tried configuring the phones email client, using the gmail WAP site m.gmail.com and even browsing directly to www.gmail.com, none of the methods worked. And I tried all the settings in this thread, had settings sent to me by sony ericsson, and went through the Vodafone website instructions, to no avail.

As a last resort I pointed the browser at mini.opera.com and installed the Opera mini browser.... And I was reading my Gmail within 5 minutes! - I got to it on WAP, and also directly to the Gmail HTML site. Opera even detected and configured the network settings automatically for me.

Weird really, the apps that come with the phone won't access gmail but a third party app that I install has no problems.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

To be precise, three's SE 610 and Vodafone's 630 is not the same phone. They have some differences, eg the resolution on the camera, and some other design issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭tonyj

flodis79 wrote:
    To be precise, three's SE 610 and Vodafone's 630 is not the same phone. They have some differences, eg the resolution on the camera, and some other design issues.
    They both have a 2Mp camera;

V630
    2 MP, 1600x1200 pixels, video; secondary VGA video call camera

K610
    2 MP, 1600x1200 pixels, video; secondary video call VGA camera

Comparison table

The only difference I can see are minor things like the polyphony (64 channels on the V630 versus 72 channels on the K610) Also, Three supply the K610 with a 64Mb memory card, Vodaphone supply it with a 256Mb memory card. I've used both phones now and can't find any differences, apart from cosmetic ones. I've got photos and videos from each phone and they appear identical.

The most important difference for me is that Three restricted internet access, and Vodafone didn't. I can live with losing 8 channels on the polyphonic ringtones... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

v630 doesnt support a2dp bluetooth stereo..which sucks and is crippled with vodafone firmware,very slow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I'd recommend using gmail.com/app

Works very well for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭tonyj

I'd recommend using gmail.com/app

Works very well for me.
    I've tried that a few times, but it gives me an error with 'your phone does not have an appropriate certificate'

Are you on Vodaphone? - Maybe I need to ask customer care to switch something on for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement