Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'07 VW GOLF MP3 and Large Screen Trip Computer

Options
  • 18-02-2007 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

A question for those VW owners..

I've taken a number of Golfs for a test drive yet have discovered the minor differences that would stop me from buying one.

Firstly is the lack of an MP3 player. I know that in the UK they have released a Golf (The Golf Match) which allows that attachment of an MP3 player. Is this option available in Ireland?

Secondly is the screen/trip computer on the dashboard of the Golf. On so many reference images there's a large screen present on the dashboard..however I'm not aware of what I need to add to the Golf in order to upgrade to that screen from the small square that's present.

I suppose I'd have the same questions regarding the Skoda Octavia and Audi A3.

Please see the attached image for an idea of the options I'd like. The only exception being the Sat Nav.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

not sure on the golf but on the A3 dash it's called the DIS (driver information system) and is an option. it came with mine as it was the ambition model. it has the trip computer, speed alerts, temp, and displays track number or radio station and also warnings. It should be called something similar on the golf. On the A3 there is also an ipod option, but it is just an audi branded denison adapter and has limited functionality.

had a quick look and the sportline spec says trip computer as std, which doesn't seem to be on the lower specs so maybe thats the option?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

To get the "full screen" computer on the Golf, you need to spec the "Multi-function indicator". Its about €80. The standard computer is half the height and has less functionality. It comes standard though with the multi-function wheel and/or Sat nav.
    As Davey says, it is a standard feature on A3 Ambition spec.

You can also spec an iPod connection, which goes into the armrest. Armrest+iPod prep is around €550.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Yeah. I've been looking at the VW website as well as carzone which refers to it as:-

M/F steering wheel + MFD [PU2] € 390:

Leather covered multi-function steering wheel
    Steering wheel mounted remote audio controls
    Includes:
    [9Q5] Multi-function indicator

And Multi-function indicator being:

Computer with average speed, average fuel consumption, instantaneous fuel consumption and range for remaining fuel
    External temperature digital display

Would I be right?

Legend. Thanks guys. Will be contacting dealer soon to try and see what kind of deal I could get on a Golf; especially considering how it's still more expensive than a Luna Spec Auris and Kia Cee'd (with the works!).

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

that sounds right, I would get that package with the multifunction wheel too, i'm a bit pissed that I didn't get it myself tbh..

• Advertisement

Now all I need to figure out is the availability of certain Alloys.

Magny Cours aren't available on the website; however I wouldn't find it to be too reliable.

The other alternative are the Hockenheim wheels..but they're not as nice.

Must speak to VW dealership tomorrow.

Advertisement