Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I paint walls with Condensation Problem?

Options
  • 18-02-2007 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi guys,

I am looking to paint the walls and ceiling of my apartment that suffers from poor condensation. there is currently mould on the walls. i am increasing the size of the ventilators and buying dehumidifiers which i hope will help reduce the condensation.

is there any particular paint that i should buy to reduce the risk of condensation? i have stripped the walls down to the plaster and plan to paint first with ACRYLIC PRIMER, then 2 coats of paint.

also, to remove mould should i just apply some fungiside?

paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Yup apply anti fungicide wash or plain bleech,but was told once sunlights gets where you applied bleech the mould will grow again.

If your going the whole hog and getting vents sorts and dehumidifying the place your taking a great step in right direction. Dulux have a paint for bathrooms(I know yours is not) that is moisture resistant...

I have seen in past paint with anti-fungcide incorporated into it,well you can get Dulux weathersheild but it says on bucket of paint "Not to be applied on interior walls" Its because of the special fungicide I suppose. Well you could get that paint Dulux WeatherSheild but dont go licking the walls...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 P_J

thanks for your help mad m. i will certainly go for the anti fungus wash.

i will try to remember not to lick the walls (especially after coming back from the pub)...

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 P_J

has anyone ever heard or used funguside emulsion paint?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

use eggshell paint, smells, works.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I'd recommend Dulux Moisture Resistant Satin paint.
    Its waterproof and gives a lovely finish.
    I used in in my kitchens and bathrooms and it can simply be washed with a wet cloth .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭gonk

P_J wrote:
    has anyone ever heard or used funguside emulsion paint?

Yes. Steracryl. See this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054863292&referrerid=59211

Advertisement