Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography Mock?

Options
  • 18-02-2007 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Any tips?

hard/easy?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Easy- if you get DEB papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

examcraft was HORRIBLE

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

what came up in them?

DEB was plate tectonics, rivers and rock cycle...nice easy region question..primary and secondary sectors..growing dependence on secondary sector (India)..then eh, sketch map- carrick on shannon, and culture and language, religion. Questions I did anyway. Will be shocked with less than a B1...went very well tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mathman

could you be more specific with the regional q?

cheers!

• Advertisement

For a non-irish one, it was something like examine the interaction between the primary and secondary sectors. Non-european, growing dependence on the secondary sector. Can't remember the irish one..don't have the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

any idea on the geoecology? was it just the biome?

Sorry, I do culture and identity, so I skipped over that question. It definitely mentioned biome and factors influencing..stuff...climate, soils etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭hollyhamill

yeah my teacher told us that one , if you do GEOLOGY as the extra one - its biomes ie. desert or whatever ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Copper_90210

Does any1 no other essay titles that came up? anything on the third world-north+south??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Juicebox

What is the geography paper like the one that didnt have the carrick on fergus map? im freaking out coz people are saying its a dire paper..anybody know whats coming up on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I had the exam craft one, and I didn't think it was a Great paper.
    I didn't like the fact the electives and options were on the paper as we haven't even started them yet.
    Still this applies across the board so...meh!

The DEB paper is a better paper from the sample I saw in comparison to Examcraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭bikeman1

I had the DEB mock yseterday, I think it was, if thats the one with the Carrick-on-Shannon map, which is unusual as I have had Examcraft papers up to now. It was a very fair paper. Nice short questions which if you didn't get 10 out of the 12 question right, then you should forget about the rest of the paper.

The layout of the paper can be annoying as in some sections you see a B part in one question and a C part in a different question that you like. In one question there was a C part that I really wanted to answer but the B part was horrible so I had to forget that q!

The Geoecology was annoying as I banked too heavily on the Biome Q and it was : Discuss how 2 human activities have had an impact on a biome studied by you. I wasn't hoping for a Q like that on a biome, but I had to make do.

I'm glad our Geography teachers decided on DEB from hearing about the examcraft papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Examcraft geography was the hardest paper i've ever done in my life!!! and geography is meant to be one of my easier subjects!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I had the examcraft, those short question were funky, never seen those questions before in my life!

Long questions were also a whore. Ugh cant even remember what came up it was that bad. It was a os map of youghal anyway. you had to draw a sketch map of the road pattern. Then place an ideal spot for a school and say why. cant remember what part b) of that question was.

Hmm what else did i do. I do biomes and the question that came up was human activity affecting a biome you have studied.

plate tectonics essay came up, as did a volcanic activity. they were B and C of a question respectively.

uuuuum......i remember doing secondary activity in a non irish european region. then a part c about the new country joinings the e.u, discuss the advantages and disadvantages for ireland as a result.....

Advertisement