Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

meteor deposit question

• 18-02-2007 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

hi guys... i'm thinking of buying a meteor bill pay phone but i've only lived in ireland for a year and 9 months. how much are they going to charge me for a deposit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

60eur for roaming.
    60eur for international calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It depends on a number of circumstances. As you know, all contracts are subject to a credit check. Depending on the results of that check, Meteor (or indeed any phone company) could ask you for a deposit. The amount varies from person to person, and depends on your previous credit history (paying back loans etc). Simply put, staff on the day will not know if you will get a deposit. They enter the information as you give it, and simply click on submit. Any deposit is purely dependent on the Credit Control department for Meteor, and again, any other phone company. Deposits range from 60 to 300, as far as I can recall.

The above deposits mentioned by ciaran are only you want to be able to make international calls and to go roaming within the first 3 months of your contract. These are optional and have nothing to do with a credit score. Once you have paid your first 3 bills, they are removed for free once you ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

chrislad wrote:
    It depends on a number of circumstances. As you know, all contracts are subject to a credit check. Depending on the results of that check, Meteor (or indeed any phone company) could ask you for a deposit. The amount varies from person to person, and depends on your previous credit history (paying back loans etc). Simply put, staff on the day will not know if you will get a deposit. They enter the information as you give it, and simply click on submit. Any deposit is purely dependent on the Credit Control department for Meteor, and again, any other phone company. Deposits range from 60 to 300, as far as I can recall.

The above deposits mentioned by ciaran are only you want to be able to make international calls and to go roaming within the first 3 months of your contract. These are optional and have nothing to do with a credit score. Once you have paid your first 3 bills, they are removed for free once you ask.
    I was under the (apparently mistaken?) impression that Meteor was a yes/no and then pay deposits for international/roaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Nope, there's varying levels of deposits and have been for as long as I can recall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Darz0re

its a lot of fun finding out! and you dont need much info with you either!!
    go try it out!! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement