Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Al Pacino in Salome (Gate Theatre)

Options
  • 19-02-2007 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Ok, I don't know if this falls under "MCD" rules.....Like literally no clue. I don't think it does though.

Anyway, back on topic. I've heard various things about Al Pacino performing a limited number of performances in Salome at the Gate Theatre in March. What the Gate Theatre aren't telling people is what particular dates he's playing. Which is understandable because it means that more people will go, I suppose.

Ok, so what Im asking is primarily on behalf of my mother because she's such a huge fan of Al Pacino and I'd love to be able to take her.

I know this seems like a request thats too big and too far fetched lol....But if anyone has any kind of idea I'd love to know. Thanks...!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

Nobody knows anything about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 BassyDave

Reckon it's a load of crap.
    He said he'd love to come back to Ireland & put on a production of it but I don't think he was referring to the current production.

But......ya never know.

Have my ticket booked anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

have tickets booked myself, never heard about this though.... i think the term ''feck me!!!!'' comes to mind:D

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

Went to see this the other night and it is absolutely incredible. One of the most memorable pieces of theatre i've seen. And i think Al Pacino would ruin it if he was in it, Alan Stanford is magnificent.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

Dont think Al Pacino would ruin it. It's only ruined if you have two different people playing the same character!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Have to second that and Im not a 'theatre lover' as such - the play is fantastic if a little bit bizarre at the start.... Great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Is it still running? I only found out what it's about recently and now I really want to see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

I saw it last week. I think it runs until June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

it's finished running now i'm afraid. Sweeney Todd is playing at the minute.

Advertisement