Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Yet another recommendation request thread!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

unkel wrote:
    Some of us are quite happy that way :D

BTW my insurance quote on a same year same mileage same value 523 2.5 straight 6 auto was higher than on my 735 3.5 V8 auto!

If you do low mileage and are willing to cough up the annual €1343 tax (ouch), then it could make sense to get a big V8 monster. It's a buyers market for these, so they are incredibly cheap to buy. My 735 cost the same as a similar condition basic spec 523!

Maybe next car - I think 2.5 is enough for me (for the time being). The weekend car will hopefully be a V8 anyway, and one should be enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

eoin_s wrote:
    The weekend car will hopefully be a V8 anyway, and one should be enough!

Now you made me curious. What is it?

Edit: Ah thought so, a Mustang :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

unkel wrote:
    Now you made me curious. What is it?

Edit: Ah thought so, a Mustang :)

Yes indeedy - you've obviously been browsing the classic cars forum!

Advertisement