Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHF radio - Where to buy?

Options
  • 19-02-2007 1:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for a VHF radio that will operate in the 136-174mhz range for TX & RX, for use in my car primarily. I'd consider a handheld too if I can hook it up to power in the car.

Any idea on the best place to pick one up in Dublin, new or second-hand?

I've dealt with CQ Communications before and had such unpleasant experience with them, I don't want to go anywhere near them again.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Gil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Suggestions? How about getting a HAM licence first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Suggestions? How about getting a HAM licence first?

It's an awful pity there's always a smart arse waiting in the wings with a useless comment to kick up his post count on boards. Narrow minded, pedantic mumblings as usual from DublinWriter - Bravo.

I have no intention of becoming a HAM operator. The radio will be run in choked output mode (go read up about that....The choking part), in geographically restrictive areas, for a very specific and legitimate purpose. My use of such a radio does not carry an individual license requirement as the frequencies are restricted for a specific type of traffic - One I am quite entitled to use but which is undoubtedly off limits to you. So, any other suggestions wise-guy? No?

Anyway, I got sorted today with a Motorola unit including programming to my required specifications from ebay. Not that you really matter.

Goodnight.

Advertisement