Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DELL wireless card not connecting to internet

• 19-02-2007 2:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

hi guys,

i would love if somebody can finally help me with my problem.

Now, ive gone through all the Q&A in the wireless thread and couldnt find an answer, so apologies in advance if this has been answered before.

Now, i have a DELL laptop (Inspiron/2200) and it has a built in wireless card (DELL WIRELESS 1370 Mini PCI Card). I had been using a Belkin USB thing that i plug in the back of laptop to connect to the net but it has broken.

Basically I cant connect now at all without using a USB cable into the Netopia modem which is a pain in the butt as i have to stay in the one room.

I have tried un-installing the Belkin hardward program incase it was defautling back to that. and nothing.

when i run the troubleshoot for the DELL card it tells me its working fine.

The modem wirless light is green so thats fine. its obviously not connecting.

I tried the device manager and updating and still nothing.

When i click the icon to "view wireless networks" it tells me that there isnt any in range, when i click "refresh list", still nothing.Ive moved the laptop to right beside the modem and it still cant connect to it.

Ive tried clicking "network connections"and its still not connecting and have disabled and enabled again and still nothing.

Ive tried setting up a new network and putting in the SIDI 28 digit network number that came originally with the eircom pack and still nothing.

It shows up as being there but still nothing.

I've also gone into the Eircom help thingy and clicked run test and it says there is a problem connecting but doesnt know what!

ive rang dell and even though i spoke with a terribley nice guy in India, he wasnt able to help, i hadnt a clue what he was saying and i think i just confused him!

Oh, when i go into "view wireless networks" it says 'make sure the wireless switch on your laptop is on'?? where the hell is that? i dont think i have one of those!

would love if someone could help, ive been told if anyone can, you guys can!!

cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭stanley1

reset netopia back to factory default and work from there with no encryption on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Ok heres what i got.

If you had Belkin software installed to handle your USB dongle thingy
    You prob had the windows service stopped.
    Your windows wireless service is called "Wireless Zero configuration"
    So Control Panel - > Administrative Tools - > Services
    See is that started or it should be automatic.

Do you have a DELL utility installed?

Advertisement