Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

00 Fiesta starter motor

Options
  • 19-02-2007 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi, would anyone out there have any idea on a price for a fiesta starter motor. Its a 2000 and is the newer model than the late 90's one. It has a zetec engine and is a ghia model. Is a big job labour wise?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It may prove more economical to remove your starter and have it reconditioned. It will be a good bit cheaper than buying a new one. I don't think there would be a whole lot of labour involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Countryripple

Waiting on someone to get back to me with a price for the part.

Any idea on places I could phone myself to get a price?

Ill be avoiding the Ford dealer anyway to get it fixed. Such rip-off merchants. Left it in one time to get a new speedo. It was fairly obvious that it was broke......it wasnt moving!!! They charged me E75 to TELL me that it needed a new speedo!!!! Work that one out!!

Thanks for telling me about the reconditioning. Where would i enquire about that? Any independant garage? Im on the northside of Dubin.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

You could always go and get a secondhand one from a breakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

hellboy99 wrote:
    You could always go and get a secondhand one from a breakers.

Summerhill Spares 018673232.

They are actually in Coolock but very sound lads to deal with.

Stay away from main dealers would be my advice, see if you can get a mechanic who works out of home, recently cut a break in repair cost from €1600 to €210 by sourcing parts and labour myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Countryripple

Thanks for the advice lads. Ford quoted me E210 inc VAT and 1 hour labour at E75 per hour ex VAT!!! Funny you should mention Summer Hill. Only remembered that someone in the family works with them so phoned them up and got one. Not sure yet of the price but wont be near what it would have been with the dealer. Dont you just love when you can get around using them!! :D

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement