Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitors Preliminary exams

Options
  • 19-02-2007 3:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hey all,

im thinking of doing the preliminary exams with the law society.

As i dont have a degree to sit the FE1's, i have to do the prelims. This exam consists of three exams which have to be sat all at once aswell, they include English, Irish Politics and General Knowledge. Ive got the past 5 years exam papers from the law society and i will admit they are tough. Would need a lot of studying but am prepared to do that.

I was going to do them this march, but have decided to wait maybe till next march. Unfortunatly they are only sat once a year, but you have 3 attempts to pass them.

When passed this in turn is the equivilant to a law degree.

Im just wondering is there anyone else thinking of doing the same. I was reading another thread about re the FE1's and some posters were worried due to the fact they were in the 20's!!! im in my early thirties and would be probably 38 or 39 before i qualified!!! Am i crazy to be thinking of starting a brand new career at this stage in my life.

would love to get some advice or info. thanks a mill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebeccaM90

Lamlit wrote: »
    Hey all,

im thinking of doing the preliminary exams with the law society.

As i dont have a degree to sit the FE1's, i have to do the prelims. This exam consists of three exams which have to be sat all at once aswell, they include English, Irish Politics and General Knowledge. Ive got the past 5 years exam papers from the law society and i will admit they are tough. Would need a lot of studying but am prepared to do that.

I was going to do them this march, but have decided to wait maybe till next march. Unfortunatly they are only sat once a year, but you have 3 attempts to pass them.

When passed this in turn is the equivilant to a law degree.

Im just wondering is there anyone else thinking of doing the same. I was reading another thread about re the FE1's and some posters were worried due to the fact they were in the 20's!!! im in my early thirties and would be probably 38 or 39 before i qualified!!! Am i crazy to be thinking of starting a brand new career at this stage in my life.

would love to get some advice or info. thanks a mill.

How did you get on with these exams ?

Advertisement