Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What old game would you to see get a next gen remake

Options
  • 19-02-2007 4:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

I would have to throw Desert Strike (think it was called that) on the Mega Drive.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I desperately want a new Rocket Knight Adventures. I'd like a 2D one on the DS not a 3D one because they will probably ruin it.

A new Panzer Dragoon would really make my day. Feck it, I'd by a PS3 if there was the promise of a new panzer dragoon. An RPG version like Azel would be great but I wouldn't turn my nose up at an on the rails shooter ala the wonderful PD Orta.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'd love to see remakes of Total Annihilation or maybe Operation Flashpoint. They were great games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

FF6 - in 3D, remastered soundtrack, lots of fmv :D ...would be great! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Rabies wrote:
    I would have to throw Desert Strike (think it was called that) on the Mega Drive.

We just had a conversation on friday about the best mega drive games and couldnt remember the name of that for the ROM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Body Harvest on the N64. It really pushed the console quite far, it was a game that was definitely limited by the available technology at the time. A remake with more aliens, more explosions and cool vehicles would be just beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Duke Nukem ftw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Daddio wrote:
    Body Harvest on the N64. It really pushed the console quite far, it was a game that was definitely limited by the available technology at the time. A remake with more aliens, more explosions and cool vehicles would be just beautiful.

I rented that out years ago. For the life of me I couldn't get anywhere on it. The bits I did get through were great. I really liked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Flashback, 'twas ahead of its time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

last ninja series, or turrican. result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ruu wrote:
    Flashback, 'twas ahead of its time. :)
    Fade to black was a bit poo in fairness, but could've been a great game...
    Would love to see them take another try at it:)
    loved the ending to Flashback, I just wish they could have followed on from that properly.

The Chaos Engine would most likely end up being a ****e fps if they tried to remake it, would love another top down shooter of that ilk right now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Metal gear Solid on ps1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭Trode

Daddio wrote:
    Yes, good one. That would be class, like Just Cause with 50ft aliens and period military hardware.
    Also Paradroid,a brilliant and sadly underused idea that would make for an excellent stealth-based update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Weaponlord on the SNES

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Streets of Rage! What a classic. Would love to see what they could do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

0ubliette wrote:
    last ninja series
    The Last Ninja is coming to the PSP apparently. Retro Gamer Magazine did a big feature on it.

I'd love to see a new Dizzy game... maybe on the DS, as I'd hate to see it turn into a generic 3D platformer.

Also I always loved Cruise for a Corpse and I'd love to have another murder mystery game like that. I'm playing Hotel Dusk on the DS at the moment and it reminds me a lot of the feel that Cruise for a Corpse had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Powerstone, that really needs a new game in the series, PSP collection be damned, something for the home consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Last Ninja is coming to the PSP apparently. Retro Gamer Magazine did a big feature on it.
    Its coming to the Wii too.

As for remakes? Where do I start? Some good ones mentioned already... Turrican (I'd see a remake being Metroid Primesque), Dizzy, Paradroid... Throw in anything by Thalamus (Creatures 1+2, Hunters Moon, Citadel, Retrograde, Mayhem in Monsterland), a few Graftgold classics (Morpheus, Gribblys, Uridium+), add a smidgeon of Bruce Lee, Starquake, Katakis, Saboteur, Wizball, Buggy Boy, Myth, Head Over Heels, Rick Dangerous.... And thats only from the C64.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Super Metroid, of course :)

Keep it 2D, but make it really beautiful.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Gauntlet.

Full 3d, FPPOV, internet play for 4-way links. Nuff Said.

"Somebody shot a potion.....".

DeV.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Paperboy or 720 would be nice:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Maximilian wrote:
    I'd love to see remakes of Total Annihilation or maybe Operation Flashpoint. They were great games.

Both of these have new versions out. Supreme Commander was just released and was made by the same guys who made TA. I don't remember the name of the OpFlash remake but its either out or out soon.

I'd love to see a remade Planescape Torment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gizzle wrote:
    Weaponlord on the SNES

Good one. That game was way ahead of it's time. It pioneered the slow paced realistic weapons combat of Soul Calibur and Tekken without silly fireball moves and also the agressive defence seen in SF3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Barbarian redone in Fight Night Round 3 style would kick ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Cannon Fodder.
    Add a bit of polish to the graphics, and DM+CoOp multiplayer.

I'd buy it for a tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

The snes version of Shadowrun!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

LoGiE wrote:
    Paperboy or 720 would be nice:)

Newest remake of parerboy (3D) was on the N64 and it was cat. I dont think they could do much with that. The closest they got (that still was fairly bad) was courier chrisis on the PS.

As Beecher said, shadowrun, but it would have to be handled correctly or they could make a total arse of it.

Alot of the classics i'm thinking of probably couldnt stand up to a remake - Comix Zone, SOR, Golden Axe (I know its in the pipeline), Rodland, Adventure island etc. All games I still play and love but no way in hell they could be remade well.

Other than that i'm drawing a blank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Monkey Island (but this time in full 3D :D )
    James Pond
    Syndicate

Nuff said :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

KTRIC wrote:
    Monkey Island (but this time in full 3D :D )
    James Pond
    Syndicate

Nuff said :cool:
    Damn, I'd love to see a new Syndicate. Loved the original, and Syndicate Wars was pretty good, although not as good as the first one.

I'd also love to see Speedball being remade. They were going to make a new one, but cance;;ed it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Even better would be a Syndicate movie :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Forgot Thunderforce IV by Technosoft and I had it on the Megadrive. Bring it on, even for the music. Class all the way, it had to be one of the best shooters.

Advertisement