Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Flash question

Options
  • 19-02-2007 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm a bit of a novice web designer and need a little help / guidance.

While browsing recently I came accross this site http://www.cafefx.com/

At the bottom they have a nice flash effect that closes the page nicely...

I'm not 100% familiar with Flash - I'm tinkering with Flash 8 at the mo but need to do a nighcourse to get myself where I need to be, In the short term, Does anyone know if there's flash templates / ready to download with this kind of effect available? I'd like to add it to one of my current sites.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

You might find something on www.flashkit.com, but I reckon it would be quite easy to tween something like this.

Go to deviantart and download a sample fractal, mess around with shape tweens and fade outs. You should be able to get the desired effect. Looks like there's one or two images, simply fading and overlapping, with small tweens left to right. Also, the quality suggests that the frame rate is quite high, possibly 25+.

Before putting it up on a website, ensure you have the proper image permissions.

HTH,
    Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

You might find something on www.flashkit.com, but I reckon it would be quite easy to tween something like this.

Go to deviantart and download a sample fractal, mess around with shape tweens and fade outs. You should be able to get the desired effect. Looks like there's one or two images, simply fading and overlapping, with small tweens left to right. Also, the quality suggests that the frame rate is quite high, possibly 25+.

Before putting it up on a website, ensure you have the proper image permissions.

HTH,
    Stephen

Thanks for that Stephen - much appreciated!

Advertisement