Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick Motor Tax Question

Options
  • 19-02-2007 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Anyone know if I can get my pin number to do my tax online with out actually having the renewal form that should have been sent out to me?
    The thought of standing in line for the best part of 2hours isn't appealing today!

Cheers,
    Retrosouls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

retrosouls wrote:
    Anyone know if I can get my pin number to do my tax online with out actually having the renewal form that should have been sent out to me?
    The thought of standing in line for the best part of 2hours isn't appealing today!

Cheers,
    Retrosouls
    I think it may be the last 5 digits of your chassis number.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If the PIN wasn't sent out to you, then it's likely that either your address on the VLC is incorrect, or you bought the car this year, and the online facility hasn't been set up for you.

In the former case, you'll need to change the address on the VLC and then renew your tax. In the latter case, you won't be able to do it online. You can do it by post. You usually get it back within two weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

I don't think it is the last five digits of your chassis number at all.

However, you can just post a cheque if you don't get the pin+renewal form.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Anan1 wrote:
    I think it may be the last 5 digits of your chassis number.
    I'm afraid not Anan1 - the PIN is different at each renewal. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

you can just post a cheque if you don't get the pin+renewal form.
    AFAIK one must complete a RF100A form also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I never received my renewal form before - had the car around a year at that stage and hadn't changed address.
    Rang the department to ask for the PIN, explained I never got a renewal form, she just sighed, said something about An Post services, asked me a few questions over the phone, and told me to call back in a couple of hours and when I did they told me it over the phone
    Might be worth a try?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 JohnW

However, you can just post a cheque if you don't get the pin+renewal form.
    Presumably if you send it by post, they send the registration book back in the post with the new tax disc:confused:
    AFAIK you still have to send the registration book with the completetd forms

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If you have not received a PIN then contact the office (phone number is on motortax.ie somewhere) and they will issue you with one.
    The PIN is NOT part of the VIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

The last 6 digits of the chassis number only works for taxing a brand new car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

I can confirm that the last 6 digits are your pin number but only on a brand new car :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement