Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iframe scroll bar problem

Options
  • 19-02-2007 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Hey ive asked this before but i've run into more problems..

I have an iframe where i want the vertical scroll bar but not the horizontal.
    I designed page in DW and on my laptop there is no horizontal bar. But when i view page in internet cafe there is a scroll bar in IE. But not in Firefox. What is the reason for this.

If i make the iframe smaller in width to suit the IE view will that compromise it for firefox etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

I got the site up if anybody can check it out and tell me if there is a horizontal scroll bar.... thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Flynn wrote:
    I got the site up if anybody can check it out and tell me if there is a horizontal scroll bar.... thanks..

I'm getting a horizontal scoll bar in FF (but not for the gallery page).

Anybody got any ideas on how to solve this?

The options for scrolling are

Yes

No

Auto (Use when necessary)

But auto is unpredictable.. so is there any way to allow vertical scroll bar but not horizontal (even if it's needed to see full page?)
    thanks

try setting it to NO, and set the following style declaration:
    <iframe id="asd" [B]style="overflow-y:scroll;"[/B]>

Sorry where exactly does that go?

iframe src="home.htm" name="home" width="539" marginwidth="0" height="398" marginheight="0" align="middle" scrolling="vertical" frameborder="0"></iframe>

theres my code..

thanks for helping..

• Advertisement

Flynn wrote:
    Sorry where exactly does that go?

iframe src="home.htm" name="home" width="539" marginwidth="0" height="398" marginheight="0" align="middle" scrolling="vertical" frameborder="0"></iframe>

theres my code..

thanks for helping..

try this:
    <iframe src="home.htm" name="home" width="539" marginwidth="0" height="398" marginheight="0" align="middle" scrolling="[B]no[/B]" frameborder="0" [B]style="overflow-y:scroll;"[/B]></iframe>

Thanks thought it was fixed but the vertical scroll bar doesnt work in IE.

http://www.silver-trail.com/test.htm

What a dose... Any ideas from here? thanks for the help so far..

Flynn wrote:
    Thanks thought it was fixed but the vertical scroll bar doesnt work in IE.

http://www.silver-trail.com/test.htm

What a dose... Any ideas from here? thanks for the help so far..

Sorry, not too sure where to go from here. I try not to use iFrames for a number of reasons.

It would involve changing all the pages, but if it were up to me, I would lose the iFrames altogether and just use a div instead of an iframe (with overflow: auto in the style tag).

sorry im a bit of a novice..
    Would this still allow me to have the same look? The pictures fixed on the background etc? And to fit in smoothly with menu and nav bar?

Flynn wrote:
    sorry im a bit of a novice..
    Would this still allow me to have the same look? The pictures fixed on the background etc? And to fit in smoothly with menu and nav bar?

I should think so. I might have a chance to mock something up for you in a few days.

• Advertisement

cheers man, that would be brilliant... Or even just point me in the direction of a good tutorial..

Advertisement