Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gigs for underage bands

• 19-02-2007 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

After playing our first gig yesterday, we're just curious as to whether we have many options. Is there anyone online here who deals with younger bands and gives them gigs, apart from Blast there doesn't appear to be much. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places, but any info is much appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 feelthegrease

DO NOT PLAY BLAST. Unless of course you want to be exploited. And support coca-cola, at that. And have anyone wanting to go to your gigs have to pay ridiculous amounts of money.

browse around www.punkforit.eu

theres been something of a lull in all ages gigs recently, many venues in south dublin/north wicklow have been lost due to various reasons, but they do pop up occaisonally, and sure theres bound to be loads again soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I think theirs not enough proper music venues in this country, like alot of them are pubs so you need id for them so..

Really need to be looked at by communitees imo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

One day you'll be over 18 and won't care

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Mr Rivers wrote:
    One day you'll be over 18 and won't care
    Thats not the point tho!

Yeah, its completely unfair for there to be so few venues that allow all ages gigs. Before i was 18 it really was a hassle. underage kids have a right to play/see gigs too ya know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

I know they do but the problem is they're a tiny minority that abandon the cause when they turn 18, it's a constant problem with an inconsistant group demanding it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

R_H_C_P wrote:

Really need to be looked at by communitees imo..

Good point, what would the chances of a boards gig being staged be? Ye all seem to know where I'm coming from and I think it'd be cool if we could do something.

well, if i like your bands music (giza link) and you promise never to play another blast gig, i can probably help you get a gig or two at some point in the future.

but ya know, i may hate your music. you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

What is your location ?
    I know a couple of all ages venues.. I know alot of bands give out about them too, but that's a different story... and down to the .. inexperience of younger bands..
    Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

My band are all 15/16 and we play gigs all over dublin, DIY punk gigs in bars, so either become a punk band or Do It Yourself.

• Advertisement

well, if i like your bands music (giza link) and you promise never to play another blast gig, i can probably help you get a gig or two at some point in the future.

but ya know, i may hate your music. you never know.

Well we have just the one recording so far, but we recorded last week and will have 5 songs done when they're finished being mixed. It's a pretty basic recording on myspace, they'll improve though.

www.myspace.com/kevinonabike

We're located in Blessington but can play anywhere loike!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Hah. I'm from Blessington... well near enough Try get on the Express Out slot in the Ballyknockin, only got a new phone there today so will PM the number later. We are also thinking of doing an Open Mic in The Lakes... but that won't be for a while..
    TK

NeMiSiS wrote:
    Hah. I'm from Blessington... well near enough Try get on the Express Out slot in the Ballyknockin, only got a new phone there today so will PM the number later. We are also thinking of doing an Open Mic in The Lakes... but that won't be for a while..
    TK
    Yeah good idea! Hopefully the age wont matter! I was up a few weeks back for the pantera tribute band but had to leave early! We'd love to play up there!

NeMiSiS wrote:
    TK

Yeah do PM that number to us!!

Advertisement