Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driveway Security Posts

Options
  • 19-02-2007 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭

With 2 new cars in the drive, I'm thinking of adding the security of a steel security bollard/post at the end of the driveway as a deterrent - however I am having trouble finding suppliers & fitters.

Does anyone have any recommendations/contacts?

Thanks in advance
    BF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Hi,
    did you have a look at EBay?

Security Bollards
    or
    Avonlion
    or
    Parking Posts They also do wheel clamps etc.

Don't know how much of a DIYer you are but even the sight of these things may ward them off. Is your car one that sticks out?
    Just make sure you cover them in luminous chevrons so you don't run into them!!

Also any company that makes gates will make up a set of these bollards for you. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

bf wrote:
    With 2 new cars in the drive, I'm thinking of adding the security of a steel security bollard/post at the end of the driveway as a deterrent

If the cars are decent enough they'll be popping inside for the keys, and the keys to the post too.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Countryripple

Hi, I had one fitted in my own garden. Cost E90 in my local hardware shop. Is a proper big heavy one too and not one of the flimsy ones you see around. I looked in the likes of B+Q and that but they never had them. If you have a small independant old style hardware store near you they mite order it for you. Though maybe they just had them in stock in mine cos of where I live!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

When I lived in Lucan got a locksmith from Clondalkin to fit one (cant remember the name) - I would imagine most decent lock smiths would do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

BF - where are you based?

If it's Galway, try Colleran Locksmiths by the Old Crane off William Street West (near the Crane Bar/Massimo)

• Advertisement
Advertisement