Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moisture Barrier on Top of Slab

Options
  • 19-02-2007 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Is there a need or would it have a detrimental:confused: (cannnot think of right word) effect on foundation if there was plastic sheeting put on top of slab? I have a radon barrier down already and its here that detrimetal comes in would it not be able to breathe or does concrete need to breathe at all(sounds like its a living thing:D )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,418 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

the randon barrier is a moisture barrier,
    what exactky are you trying to do

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I used plastic sheeting when I laid the solid timber flooring.
    It stops the wood from warping due to excessive difference of moisture between air and concrete.
    Your slab should be fairly dry before you lay any flooring, use UFH if you have it and keep some windows ajar so you get an airflow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭arghh

CJhaughey wrote:
    I used plastic sheeting when I laid the solid timber flooring.
    It stops the wood from warping due to excessive difference of moisture between air and concrete.
    Your slab should be fairly dry before you lay any flooring, use UFH if you have it and keep some windows ajar so you get an airflow.

Thanks CJ, just to know that there is different moisture levels between air and concrete makes common sense enough for me to put some plastic sheeting down.

Advertisement