Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid Ipod Charging Problem

Options
  • 19-02-2007 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if anyone can help me but I'm really at the end of my tether with my ipod video.

I bought it in August and have had to send it back three times. I've been without it longer than I've actually had the stupid thing.

Basically, I am constantly having problems with charging it. I fully charge it, listent to it for 20 minutes on my walk to work and then turn it off. When i go to turn it back on again it doesn't respond. When I say that i mean no battery message or anything appears on it, it justs as if it is dead. If you attacg it to the computer it is still dead and I have to plug it into my isation to get it to respond. Than I let it charge and the same thing happens all over again.

I've sent it back three times and each time I get a new one, the same thing happens. I've figuring this means there's something wrong with my computer or istation.

I'm really getting fed up. every time I think about it I want to cry! i tried just getting my money back because basically I paid €330 for something that doesn't work.

Has anyone any thoughts or suggestions? do you think the istation is messing it up?

HELP!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

You should send it back with a stinker of a letter and demand a replacement as you have to send that one back already 3 times..
    I have heard a things about those docks messing up iPod batteries.. I have a Koda iBass and it never did anything to it..
    If you are returning it again, don't mention anything about the iStation:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

techguy wrote:
    You should send it back with a stinker of a letter and demand a replacement as you have to send that one back already 3 times..
    I have heard a things about those docks messing up iPod batteries.. I have a Koda iBass and it never did anything to it..
    If you are returning it again, don't mention anything about the iStation:D

A stinker of a letter saying what exactly ? It's not a fault with the iPod it's simply not being charged properly.

Do you have a powered USB hub for your PC? Connect the iPod to this using the supplied USB cable and leave it overnight and it should get a sufficient charge. Alternatively most PCs when in standby leave the USB ports powered so you can leave the iPod attached overnight. Before doing this leave the iPod on shuffle play until it dies or playing a video on repeat until it exhausts the battery, then charge it for at least 8 hours to get the battery back to normal state.

Some off the iStations I've seen use AA batteries which aren't very effective as the battery voltage drops gradually so the iPod doesn't get a proper charge.
    My nephew also has an iPod video, the only charging it gets is for the few minutes it's connected to his computer. I'm sure his isn't the only one either.

ZEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

It's a problem with either your computer or iStation, not your iPod. Very nice of Apple to give you 3 iPod's though, most companies wouldn't bother, without evening questioning it.

Advertisement