Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii Sports Bowling

Options
  • 19-02-2007 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone played this yet? I played it for the first time last Saturday and think it's pretty cool :)

I managed a respectable 144 considering that it was my first time using the Wiimote controller.

It's even possible to hook the ball by turning your wrist as you release the ball.

There are no real options other than to bowl left or right handed. It would be nice to be able to choose different ball types etc but that's not the point of the game, it's fairly simple overall.

Anyone else tried it out yet, any more experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

r3nu4l wrote:
    It's even possible to hook the ball by turning your wrist as you release the ball.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:D:D:D

My brother has it and he reckons it's pretty good. Might be the only way I get to do any bowling again, unless someone wants to donate a left knee any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Here's a perfect game video from YouTube... not from me, I've only played it once :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Any chance of a link. I can never find anything on YouTube. I think I'm too old to figure it out :o

Picture3-2.png

Cheers for letting me know DubTony :) The video owner doesn't allow use of the [noparse][/noparse] tags.

Link

Here's a better one, the guy hooks the ball :)
    link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Official Brunswick bowling game on its way to the Wii :D

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/brunswickprobowling/index.html?q=Brunswick

Brunswick Pro Bowling will give players a detailed, realistic bowling-center experience, complete with authentic sights and sounds, and official Brunswick bowling gear. Brunswick Pro Bowling will be highly customizable, allowing players to choose everything from their character's appearance and accessories to ball styles.

Features

Realistic physics engine simulates real-time changing lane conditions and accounts for momentum and spin.
    Unlockable content includes a variety of Brunswick balls, additional bowling centers, equipment and apparel.
    Players in career mode will face rivals, who seek out and challenge them throughout their careers.

Mike

• Advertisement

Excellent!! Now that would be well worth playing. I wonder can you customise lane surface, oil patterns (blocks etc) and ball types?

Off to Google for me to fin dout more :)
    Cheers mikeruurds

r3nu4l wrote:
    Excellent!! Now that would be well worth playing. I wonder can you customise lane surface, oil patterns (blocks etc) and ball types?

Off to Google for me to fin dout more :)
    Cheers mikeruurds

No worries :D I'll defo be picking this up myself. I just loved the Wii bowling even though it is pretty basic.

It looks pretty cool and if it has the Brunswick label it might actually have a ton of options :D

Fancy the real thing? We're planning a bowling event in Dublin sometime in the next couple of months (one in London too). See the thread started by Senritsu in the forum :)

r3nu4l wrote:
    It looks pretty cool and if it has the Brunswick label it might actually have a ton of options :D

Fancy the real thing? We're planning a bowling event in Dublin sometime in the next couple of months (one in London too). See the thread started by Senritsu in the forum :)

I'll have a look, but I suck :D

Thanks for the invite!

http://www.cravegames.com/News/Brunswickannouncement.asp

There's the official announcement. Could be a while coming, but I reckon it'll be great when it's released.

Mike

• Advertisement

Ah, it's all about the fun in the game rather than the scores :)

That press release looks interesting
    # Realistic physics engine simulates real-time changing lane conditions and accounts for momentum and spin.
    # Unlockable content includes a variety of Brunswick balls, additional bowling centers, equipment and apparel.
    # Players in career mode will face rivals, who seek out and challenge them throughout their careers.
    Real-time lane changing conditions sounds cool :)

Let's hope they don't rush it to make a quick buck and rather focus on making it the definitive bowling game/sim.

The wiimote can make it an awesome game!

Edit: If it's just for fun then the wife and I will join in. She still bowls between the legs and I get gutters every now and then :)

mikeruurds wrote:
    Let's hope they don't rush it to make a quick buck and rather focus on making it the definitive bowling game/sim.
    Oh yes! That happens too often with a lot of games and to be honest it'll have to be a lot more than a Wii sports clone if users are to be tempted to buy it!
    mikeruurds wrote:
    The wiimote can make it an awesome game!
    I was amazed by the Wiimote tbh, the addition of hook through turning the wrist is brilliant :)
    mikeruurds wrote:
    Edit: If it's just for fun then the wife and I will join in. She still bowls between the legs and I get gutters every now and then :)

Better clarify in the Event thread that it's for all boardsies and partners etc. Check out this guy bowling between his legs :D

r3nu4l wrote:
    Check out this guy bowling between his legs :D

Hehe... that's not quite what I meant :p

mikeruurds wrote:
    Hehe... that's not quite what I meant :p
    No, thought not but it's still funny :D

r3nu4l wrote:
    No, thought not but it's still funny :D

It sure is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

Love the wii bowling especially after a few pints. Perfect game someday me hopes as never have a chance with the real thing

Advertisement