Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make me a site for free...

Options
  • 19-02-2007 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

this is class!
    designergc4.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

You make a convincing argument.
    How would you like a free website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I don't want a free website, I can do my own design... I said that because that's what the animation is about.

Aw c'mon... think of the exposure!!! ;)

</facetious>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

You could interchange the car salesman with a musican and the web designer with a recording engineer/studio owner. "...we'll take you with us when we're famous dude...." :rolleyes:

I think the animation is a bit more cynical than it needs to be.
    For a genuine beginner I think it's a great experience-building exercise... learning how to deal with your customers and their wants/needs/input... technical/design demands that take you out of your comfort zone and force you to learn new things.
    And building up a portfolio while you're at it.

I wouldn't be talked into it by someone, but there are plenty of industries where people work for free to gain experience/credibility.

Having said that I think everyones time is worth at least something, especially if they're providing you with some value.

• Advertisement
Advertisement