Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Points in New House

Options
  • 19-02-2007 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

I'm currently in the process of buying a new home, and went to see the show house.

There are three tv points that i noticed, one in master bedroom, one in lounge, and one in kitchen/dining room.

My question basically is are these connected, as in would i be able to connect my sky+ box using the RF2 out to the wall and that would send the sky signal through the house to the other tv's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

You would have to check that with the owner/builder.

If it is a new house then they could just be up in the attic but not connected up to any aerial or anything yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ukdavros

If they arent connected its easy enough to do.
    Depends what you want to achieve, if you need to use the aerial as well especially in the main room you would need an extra run. Ie aerial to main room connected through, VCR, sky box etc. then it would spli to go into the tv in that room and back up to the loft where it would split again to the other rooms.

If you are not using the Aerial then yes you could use the RF out of your device plugged into your wall RF socket. Connect the coax up in the loft (if not all ready) ideally using a proper distribution amp or splitter and away you go

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

As brav said, it's best to check with the owner/builder. They could have been routed either up to the attic for termination to an aerial/cable operator or in some cases in a central location where your consumer unit is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭buzzard

Had the same problem when I purchased my house.

What I found was that the cable from the TV points in each room where terminated up in the attic.
    Then I ran cable ( 4 ) from where the dish was positioned through the facial soffet and down from the attic to the rooms where the decoders where located and then another 3 cables where ran from the decoders back up to the attic to the terminated points. These cables where used to run 2 Sky decoders and one freeview box.

Luckily there was space to do this behind the wall so no damage was down to the structure.

One thing to remember is that you can only run one red eye off each Sky box.

But as the others pointed out, ask the builder but make sure all cables are buried behind the walls. There is nothing worse than seeing a new house with cables running down the side of walls.

Hope this helps,

Buzzard

Advertisement