Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cold Engine Problem????

Options
  • 19-02-2007 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

I have noticed a problem with my car in that the engine does not heat up properly.

By this I mean that I could drive from finglas to cookstown and the engine temp gauge will sit at just over the cold mark.

I drive a 1.8 Integra Vtec. However, having watched this problem over the last few weeks I have noticed that the engine will heat up to normal one the car is not moving. i.e. sitting idleing.

However, if I was to take off and drive for 5 mins the gauge will return to cold. Then stop and let idle again will return to normal.

So I have come to the following conclusions:

1. My engine temp gauge works fine as it goes up when sitting and down when moving.
    2. There is no fear of ever overheating!
    And
    3.Perhaps the problem lies with my thermostat.

I think that my thermostat is staying on all the time and therefore not allowing the car to heat up.

Any ideas or comments wud be appreciated!

Im going to the mechanic hopefully next week or so to find out the exact problem but in the menatime if you have any ideas please leave a reply!!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

bjmotors wrote:
    3.Perhaps the problem lies with my thermostat.

Yep, I'd imagine your problem is with the thermostat alright. In any event, from the symptoms you describe, it's certainley the first place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Funny, this thread looks very familiar!;) Sounds like the thermostat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

another one here for the stat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Another Integra with a problem today :eek:

I'd say get the thermostat and HRV checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭bjmotors

Cheers lads, thanks for the replies. Ive ordered a thermostat, so lets hope that fixes it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement