Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blizzard are c*nts

Options
  • 19-02-2007 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭

So I played WoW for only about 2 weeks when I first installed it and subscribed. I thought it was crap tbh, so just left it alone and forgot my login/password for the account. When I try to recover my password it no longer recognizes my email address and says I should contact Customer Support via phone.

I've been trying to get on to them for nearly 3 months to cancel my account and every time I call I get the shpeel about the lines being extremely busy so they are no longer taking calls and I should call back later if I need further assistance.

Of course I need further assistance you ****wits, you're taking my ****ing money!!!

Anyone got any ideas? I'm considering going to my bank today and canceling the subscription from my Credit Card.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

the bank should be able do it for you. to be honest I don't see why you waited 3 months before thinking about going into the bank. :?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Tell the bank to stop the charges and Blizzard wall cancel the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Blizzard are cúnts because you forgot your password and left it "alone for a while" and because they have a very busy phone support?

On a similar note, the bank are cúnts because I forgot my pin and they only open 9 to 5, how the hell am I supposed to order a new pin when I cant talk to them? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

I lol at this thread.
    Maybe you and the guy who started the 'What a scam' thread should get together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

No, they're cúnts because their phone support is ALWAYS busy. That says to me that they should maybe think about hiring more staff. To actually support their customers, you know?

Their email support is just as **** but I'm still hoping that they will respond to my emails at some stage. I know I can go to my bank(they're also cúnts), but the point I'm trying to make is that I shouldn't have to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

While I sympathise with your situation Kyub, the fact is, it is almost entirely of your own doing...

Blizzard's phone support is always busy because they have to deal with situations such as yours on a daily basis. There are ~8 million subscribers to the game now so I'm sure you can imagine how many people they have to deal with regarding lost passwords as well as hacked accounts and then the miscellaneous things to boot.

Sure, they should probably expand the size of their account and billing department but where do you draw the line?

There are systems in place for people to never have to contact account and billing at all, except in the most severe of situations. So I think its less a case of "Blizzard are cúnts" and more a case of "Blizzard should maybe consider increasing the size of their customer support systems".

As for their email support, if you spent 5 minutes looking through the in game customer support forum, you would see that the majority of the delays with that system are due to the likes of:

Dear Blizzard,
    My account was hacked. Fix plz.
    Yours,
    OopsLOL

Dear OopsLOL
    In order to help you, please send us this, this and this. Which you should have sent us in the first place.
    Blizzard

Dear Blizzard,
    you guys suck, its been 3 weeks now and still I cant play. Fix plz.

P.s. my account name is Oopslol
    Oopslol.

And it can go on like that for quite a while... lets face it, there are alot of retards out there and while some of them might work in customer support, I think we can all agree that the majority are the ones using it. (OP excluded of course :p)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Your own fault dude,its as simple as that.

Do you always give out your bank or cc details and then just not care about the fact for months?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

aye it is pretty much your own fault , you made the login and password id expect you to remember it at the least , again contact your bank

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

What on earth is the 3 months thing about? What have you done in this time? Why didn't you get it sorted sooner? If you had e-mailed a while back it would be sorted now. The phone thing must be annoying but you could have e-mailed them. I don't really see why you waited 3 months and are now angry. Perhaps I missed something.

It can be frustrating when things don't get sorted immediately but ranting and raving won't help, and not everyone and everything is a c*nt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

kyub wrote:
    I thought it was crap tbh

zomg, blasphemy !!!!111

• Advertisement

koneko wrote:
    What on earth is the 3 months thing about? What have you done in this time? Why didn't you get it sorted sooner? If you had e-mailed a while back it would be sorted now. The phone thing must be annoying but you could have e-mailed them. I don't really see why you waited 3 months and are now angry. Perhaps I missed something.

It can be frustrating when things don't get sorted immediately but ranting and raving won't help, and not everyone and everything is a c*nt.

True, not everyone and everything are, but Blizzard most certainly are as far as I'm concerned. My bank won't stop the charge until I send a formal letter to Blizzard requesting that they stop charging me the money, then send them a copy of the letter.

I think you're missing the point lads... I should not have to go through all of this bullsheite just to cancel my poxy WoW account. They have no Irish phone support and the UK is constantly busy(I've never even been placed in the queue yet).

Ivan, I understand where you're coming from with regards to where the line should be drawn as I work in Customer Support myself. I think the line should be drawn at actually receiving some kind of support and response because so far, they've been possibly the worst bunch I've ever dealt with.

They've not bothered responding to my emails yet and I can't get into the account or request a new password because the email address associated with the account is no longer recognised. If this happened in CS where I work there would be murder.

koneko wrote:

True, not everyone and everything are, but Blizzard most certainly are as far as I'm concerned. My bank won't stop the charge until I send a formal letter to Blizzard requesting that they stop charging me the money, then send them a copy of the letter.

I think you're missing the point lads... I should not have to go through all of this bullsheite just to cancel my poxy WoW account. They have no Irish phone support and the UK is constantly busy(I've never even been placed in the queue yet).

Ivan, I understand where you're coming from with regards to where the line should be drawn as I work in Customer Support myself. I think the line should be drawn at actually receiving some kind of support and response because so far, they've been possibly the worst bunch I've ever dealt with.

They've not bothered responding to my emails yet and I can't get into the account or request a new password because the email address associated with the account is no longer recognised. If this happened in CS where I work there would be murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

kyub wrote:
    ...My bank won't stop the charge until I send a formal letter to Blizzard requesting that they stop charging me the money, then send them a copy of the letter.
    Er I definately wouldn't accept that from my bank. Ask to speak to someone in charge and say that you haven't been able to reach the company to cancel. If they still give you guff explain that you're asking them to protect your account and if they can't help instead ask for the forms to cancel your credit card and also forms to close your bank account and see if they change their tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Drakar wrote:
    Er I definately wouldn't accept that from my bank. Ask to speak to someone in charge and say that you haven't been able to reach the company to cancel. If they still give you guff ask instead for the forms to cancel your credit card and also forms to close your bank account and see if they change their tune.

Pretty much the way things work with banks. After a while they stock auto crossing your checks and cancel things when you say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Nice contribution. Very witty indeed. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

DRakE wrote:

I LOL'd.

and OP, the fact remains that you forgot your password,

you sire are teh suck!11!oneone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

OP, did it not occur to you to write down your password somewhere when making the account in the first place? WELCOME TO THE INTERNET. I can't speak for everyone, but when registering for something that I have to give credit card details to and pay money for, I would be sure not to forgot the freaking password. What were you doing for those 3 months as well? Total carelessness on your part is to blame here, Blizzard have great customer support, unfortunately it's wasted on cases such as this. All you can do now is keep trying to call them over and over, and hopefully learn a lesson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

kyub wrote:
    I think you're missing the point lads... I should not have to go through all of this bullsheite just to cancel my poxy WoW account.

I think you're missing the point. If you had not forgotten your password you wouldn't have had to go through all the bullsheite to cancel your account. :)

I can sympathise though, ringing customer service everyday for 3 months and never once getting through is totally unacceptable. You were ringing that often right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I think you're missing the point. If you had not forgotten your password you wouldn't have had to go through all the bullsheite to cancel your account. :)

I can sympathise though, ringing customer service everyday for 3 months and never once getting through is totally unacceptable. You were ringing that often right?

Well tbh remembering passwords wouldn't be a problem if these ****s didnt start putting rules as to what your password should be, and not let you use some of your standard passwords.

Make sure your password contains a capital letter, atleast 3 numeric digits, the letter "R" atleast five times blah blah blah

And i agree they should have better customer support considering the amount of customers they have, my old company i worked with had customers from all over the world. And we would get a bollockin if there were consistent bull**** que's. Its easy to set up a good phone service, just involves higher more staff to cover busy periods of the day. And you know, put some of that money we give them every month which adds up to millions into that structure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

nix wrote:
    Well tbh remembering passwords wouldn't be a problem if these ****s didnt start putting rules as to what your password should be, and not let you use some of your standard passwords.

Make sure your password contains a capital letter, atleast 3 numeric digits, the letter "R" atleast five times blah blah blah

Would you rather your account was compromised? While they are at it, they should probably unmask the digits of your credit card, incase you lose that and need to find out what your CC number was...:rolleyes: It's for your own good.

Ignore what you have been told, write down your passwords, just not on a postit stuck to your monitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

OctavarIan wrote:
    forgot the freaking password. What were you doing for those 3 months as well? Total carelessness on your part

Be fair. He wouldn't have been billed again until the three months were up. Then suddenly remembered that he'd subscribed to a recurring charge service. Then can't get through the Blizz. Then can't remember his login. Then started a rant .... ok maybe you are being fair :D

OP - your bank has to cancel a payment if you insist on it. And like another poster said - you can cancel your card at any time or threaten to if they won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

nix wrote:

You mean yours doesn't? All my common passwords meet a form of complexity that satisfies any set criteria I've encountered so far. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Have you tried ringing at night? When all the English speaking people are in bed/playing WoW? No? Then do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Macros42 wrote:
    You mean yours doesn't? All my common passwords meet a form of complexity that satisfies any set criteria I've encountered so far. :p

well are'nt you great :rolleyes: ill be sure to nominate you for the next award.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

kyub wrote:
    No, they're cúnts because their phone support is ALWAYS busy. That says to me that they should maybe think about hiring more staff. To actually support their customers, you know?

Their email support is just as **** but I'm still hoping that they will respond to my emails at some stage. I know I can go to my bank(they're also cúnts), but the point I'm trying to make is that I shouldn't have to.

I have no sympathy for you. You entered into a direct debit agreement without finding out about what it would involve in canceling it. Also there is no way this should take three months. I suspect there is some degree of laziness involved here.

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/support/

Or, if you have any mates that play wow, get them to enquire in-game about this stuff.

Or try
    The Financial Services Ombudsman Bureau
    3rd Floor Lincoln House
    Lincoln Place
    Dublin 2

Locall: 1890 88 20 90
    Telephone: 01 662 0899
    Fax: 01 662 0890
    E-mail: enquiries@financialombudsman.ie

I was in need of some account/billing support in the past from Blizz and while they were slow they followed up on my email within about a week later.

j

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭boss^is^dead

kyub wrote:
    So I played WoW for only about 2 weeks when I first installed it and subscribed. I thought it was crap tbh, so just left it alone and forgot my login/password for the account. When I try to recover my password it no longer recognizes my email address and says I should contact Customer Support via phone.

I've been trying to get on to them for nearly 3 months to cancel my account and every time I call I get the shpeel about the lines being extremely busy so they are no longer taking calls and I should call back later if I need further assistance.

Of course I need further assistance you ****wits, you're taking my ****ing money!!!

Anyone got any ideas? I'm considering going to my bank today and canceling the subscription from my Credit Card.

This is an ignorant rant. If you are so careless with your credit card and passwords maybe you should reconsider what you use them for. Blizzard aren't taking your money, your giving it to them by being a moron. Don't lose your temper just because you lost your password. How do you login to windows?With a password? Or perhaps you use a series of touch tone signals morse code style?PIN number for you phone? PIN number for your credit card?Alarm code for your house?You phone number?Your birthday???? But the one thing you commit your credit card to you manage to forget,then leave for 3 months and then bitch about it when it all falls down. Blizzard have world class support through and through. Don't give me this tripe about them being one of the worst in the world. BT,Metor,Eircom!!!!!!,Dell...etc.. Have terrible support for services that cost waaayy more than WoW does, yet they approach there customers with a standard that compares with these groups.meh....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

I think he's complaining about the fact that he can't get in contact with them rather than forgetting his password.
    Yes he was stupid to forget his password, yes he was stupid to not have access to his email but if he really has tried as often as he states then he really should be able to get in contact with them.

Advertisement