Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Furniture 5 month delay on table & Chairs

Options
  • 19-02-2007 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Bought a Table & 6 Chairs from Classic Furniture in Navan in early Sept 2006. Paid 400euro deposit off total cost of 1500euro. Was told it would take 8 weeks to deliver and a delivery charge of 45euro would apply as we lived 10 miles outside of the county. Fair enough.

So, the fun starts. 1 week before due date for delivery, we call to confirm delivery date. We were told end of October. Called for update, were told, no, table not in country yet, so it would be mid November. Rang for update as heard nothing, was told End of November.

At this stage, my patience were gone. I requested a refund of my deposit & stated i wanted to cancel my order. They stated that I cannot cancel my order as if I do, they keep my 400euro and tough.

After numerous phone calls to the store requesting to speak to manager, was told she was not available despite the sales assistant speaking to her while I was on the phone.

In the meantime, we have no table in our newly purchased house for Christmas Day.

End of November came, was told start of December. Called December & was informed that the table would not be in the country until after Christmas.

I was then offered a cancellation option. I refused this as at this stage, i had obtained a 2nd hand table that I would use and wouldnt' have time to buy another table & get it delivered in time for Christmas.

Too p'd off, I waited patiently until after Christmas and got no phone call from Classic. I called them Mid-January and was told that the table is due to arrive into the country on Jan 26th and if this was the case, would be delivered the next time a lorry was going passed where I lived.. which was twice a month. They would not give a rough delivery date until it arrived in warehouse.

On 26th January we received our 2nd phone call ever from Classic furniture stating that the table finally arrived and was in the warehouse. They the stated that it would be delivered on February 13th 2007. On this date they took the remainder of the payment.

Got our call on the day stating it was on the way.. too excited to finally lay eyes on the table that I forgot what it looked like.

In come the lads, brought the chairs in, I made them tea & sandwiches, told them of my drama with the table. They went out to get the table from the lorry and delivery guy comes back in white.

HE BROUGHT THE WRONG TABLE. He brought the base of the table but brought the incorrect table top. Thinking he was joking I laughed.

To make a long story longer, they said that the next delivery date would be 2 weeks from then. On seeing the pure horified reaction of myself, they decided to deliver it the following Monday on their day off.. that being.. today....

So here I am waiting, just got a call stating that they would be here in 40 minutes. So.. finger's crossed that it is the correct one and that there are no more problems.

Safe to say.. that I will NEVER EVER EVER.. be purchasing anything from Classic Furniture again and would highly recommend that you don't either. Unless you can take home that day... forget about it... I cannot believe the service that they give and the false promises they make.

Out of all my years with companies, this is the worst case EVER.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Something nice to say.......

I bought 1500euro worth of beds off Davitts Furniture in Mullingar and 2 days later, they delivered them to my door the day I moved into my new house. That is customer care.. and that was without receiving full payment.. they had only received 300euro before deliver.
    :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Clanagael

I find it hard to believe.. but the table actually arrived damaged. There is a huge scrape like groove about 4/5 inches long down the black part of the marble top table. And the corner is all chipped.

I told the delivery guys again how long i was waiting on this table & he asked me what excuse I was getting. I told him that they stated that the table was in another country and only arrived on Jan 26th. They both laughed stating that there are 100s of these tables in the warehouse for months and that it is one of their usual excuses to fob off customers on the delivery delays.

Next Delivery date is end of March 2007. I told them to take the table away. They called mgmt & stated that I can hold onto this table until the new one arrives and that they cannot give me another delivery date until March, that I would have to call Classic.

I was then asked for ME to take a picture of the damage and for ME to ring the manager to get his email address to email the picture to him for HIS benefit. UNBELIEVABLE...

Let's see what is to happen next... My guess is that when I make a phone call in March for a date, it will go onto April/May...

I will keep all you shoppers posted.... but trust me.. AVOID them..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Just got this of their website, there havin a laugh:D

Exacting Standards
    Standards of excellence are applied to all aspects of Classic Furniture. We stock an enormous range of high quality product. To ensure that you find the perfect purchase, all personnel have been specifically trained, with an appreciation and understanding of our furniture, thus helping you to decide what is best for you.

Guaranteed Quality
    We stock only the finest quality of furniture, from Living Room, to Dining Room to Bedroom and much more; all furniture carries the stamp of quality plus a 12 month guarantee from the date of delivery.

Unbeatable prices
    We offer high quality products at low prices. In fact if our products are sold at cheaper prices elsewhere, we will automatically refund the difference.

Choice
    Whatever your price range, taste, or requirements, Classic Furniture will accommodate you. View our extensive range of products; from home office to dining sets to our exclusive pine bedroom furniture. Also, our range of stunning colours and luxurious fabrics guarantee you a look that is ideal and reflective of your tastes.

Customer Care
    Telephone: 822 2822
    Customer Care operates from 9.30am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday. We will be happy to deal with all your queries and comments, guaranteeing your complete satisfaction. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

The main problem with many of these furniture companies is that they are in reality only showrooms for product and they only place orders with factories in the far-east when they have sufficient orders from their customers. - So they never really take any stock risk.

From experience I will always ask if the product is in stock and I will NEVER order something that has to be ordered in.

Best stores I have dealt with are Famous Furniture on Long Mile road (decent furniture at clearance prices and everything in stock and some stuff identical to classic furniture at half their price) and Michael Murphys in Newbridge who also have a instock policy on all their items. Diamond Furniture, Reids, Classic etc etc carry very little stock and your wait can be dependant on a factory in the middle of China and a 8000 mile ocean trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

This isn't a new thing with Classic Furniture, they've been messing customers around for years.

I ordered a 5ft Double bed and matress, and a 2 seater couch from them in 2000. The bed arrived a month after they said it would and it was only a 4ft 6 in bed but with a 5ft mattress. Took them 3 months to get the right bed to me.

ThE couch took 6 months to deliver and when they finally graced me with a delivery date, this couch was supposed to be delivered "by 11.00am". After several phonecalls to the shop (when it hadn't arrived by 11.00) I was given the deliverymen's phone number. I called them at 5.20pm to tell them I'd have to pop out for ten minutes to collect my daughter from her creche. His response was "If you not f*cking there, we're not waiting". They eventually turned up at 7.30pm, dropped the couch in the hall and left. I was fuming at this point but my wife said forget it as we now had the couch.

The doorbell rang 30 minutes later and it was the lovely deliverymen asking for the couch back as it was meant for someone else. I said if this isn't mine (as it was the same one I ordered), then when will I get the one I had paid for. He said it wasn't his problem at which point I nice and politely told him that he could take a long walk off a cliff. He got a little aggitated then so I had a good laugh and closed the door in his face.

Moral of the story

NEVER, EVER BUY FROM CLASSIC FURNITURE AS THEY DON'T KNOW THE MEANING OF CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Advertisement