Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grinds in Java

Options
  • 19-02-2007 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Just wondering would anyone out there give grinds in Java level 1? Or if not know of anyone who would? I would really appreciate your help. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Is that for computer science? Java and the idea of computer programming may look daunting at first but the course book together with the plentiful resources on the internet I'm sure would do the trick. It genuinely isn't very difficult , at least at the early stages. There's also the programming forum on boards if you have specific questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I would suggest to contact your student advisor or the lecturer to see if they could recommend a suitable tutor. Or you could ask one of the demonstrators in your practical.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭I_Mr_Euphony

Hi Orlad,

I'm in second year Comp Sci denomated, if you don't have any look getting a demonstrator send me a pm and we'll arrange something.
    I wouldn't mind helping you out.
    And if I can't help I'm sure I'll be able to point you to someone who can.

Java is easy once it clicks, unfortunately thats the hard part :P

~euph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bharatchhajer

If you are looking to get trained by a professional working in the field. Get to Java Sprint. Just an another option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

Why not just buy a book, and work your way through it ?

Programming is like maths.... you can't memorise it as such, you have to work through a good few examples, and experiment with the code.

regards,
    Owen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

I too wouldn't mind helping ya out if you were stuck with a particular problem and working through it with ya. Feel free to drop me a pm if/when ya need help and i can pop by the first year lab.

As regards actual grinds, there is a grinds file on the ucd su site iirc, dont know if it has java stuff on it tho. If that fails (or even if it doesnt) contacting your student advisor (perhaps your lecturer?) would get you some results probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bosco2085

Hey,

I'm doing a Java Project and was wondering if anyone was available to help me since I don't know much Java?

Any help offered would be greatly appreciated, i'm pretty hopeless but really want to get a hang of the language!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

Sure thing, just drop me a pm with any questions you have and if i can ill answer em or if we both in UCD at the time we can meet up and work through it.

Advertisement