Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aspiring Actor

Options
  • 19-02-2007 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I have no previous experience with acting of any form but have been thinking for quite some time about trying to get into it. Does anyone have any tips on how or where to find auditions for any parts just to try and get into the scene, i have always been a bit dramatic so i think it my be some help to me.

Any tips appreciated

Fiendish...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

are you a member of an AmDram group? best place to start, IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 neady99

Your best option is to join some drama group like the Gaiety School of Acting (sorry I'm not sure where you're based?!), which offers courses in acting techniques with an outlet to become a member of an adult theatre company in both Cork and Dublin (I'm not sure of where else). Or else some other reputable theatre group even if amateur. I would definitely recommend training of some description... would you consider doing a full or part time performance course? THe only way to find out about auditions is by involving yourself in circles that work in the field. If you start with training, your teacher/director will give loads of pointers and possibly guide you to some parts he/she thinks are right for you. If you want to dive right in, the most decent audition advertising website (apart from this place) is the Actor's Forum, Crooked House Theatre Company.
    Anyways best of luck with it all!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 miabella

Hi i've just signed (for free) to this website,which provides extras to many irish producations and international films. they regularily hold open days where you can get a Headshot taken for about 8o euro.i'll pm the address on to you or anyone else who wants it..just Pm me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fmg2008

I went to several auditions recently, but no luck.:(
    Found this site that should help: www.theindustryinside.com

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

I think you should definitely do a course or join a drama group before you start doing auditions. At least that way you will become confident about your skills before you start putting yourself out there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CassieLC

Where are you located? One of the best sites for actors' resources is Backstage.com. Best of luck.

Cassie C
    Marketing & Artist Promotions
    http://www.talenttrove.com

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

CassieLC wrote: »
    Where are you located?

Cassie C

That's a bit lame isn't it? Drop in from the USA to an Irish Forum and ask someone who has Dublin clearly marked as their location "where are you located?".
    Duh! Another relative of George Bush? :confused:
    Try looking up 'Ireland' on Google maps!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Pikasso wrote: »
    That's a bit lame isn't it? Drop in from the USA to an Irish Forum and ask someone who has Dublin clearly marked as their location "where are you located?".
    Duh! Another relative of George Bush? :confused:
    Try looking up 'Ireland' on Google maps!!

Pikasso, keep it civil or don't bother posting please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dzerzhinsky

Dundalk IT has a new professional actor training course. Word is they are still accepting change of mind on the CAO. Entry by Audition natch. Might be worth a shot.

Advertisement