Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Podcasts?

Options
  • 19-02-2007 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I'm just downloading 'Learn French by Podcast' here now. Yep, I'm that desperate.

Does anyone know if these language podcasts're up to much?

Less Stress, More Success are meant to be bringing podcasts out in the near future too. Will you use them? If they had them last year, what did you think of them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I wouldn't pay for any exam help. I'm sure there are free podcasts to help one learn languages out there.

I boycott any commercial LC revision products personally, there's a lot of exploitation and hype in this area and I have yet to see a podcast/book worth the money or without an equally good alternative freely available on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Yeah, just noticed that now. There's one swotshop one which gives help for Irish and French one.

The main 'learn french' ones seem to require you to buy a guide thingy on a website. Bollix to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

For Irish, listen to Rnag online, or Raidio na Life if you're in Dublin (though their streaming yoke doesn't work for me), and for French, find some.. French tv or radio or something. Should be easier than Irish due to the country-of-France thing.

Also, Raidio na Gaeltacht ran a 5-part overview of the leaving cert irish course, stories and whatnot, should be available on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I tried watching a France-New Zealand match on TV5 there a while back. Ended up pissin meself laughing. Same happens when I watch a football match on TG4. End up taking the piss out of the commentators by shouting out random **** like 'lá brea samhraidh a bhí ann' or 'is maith liom uachtar reoite'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

They had the newcastle match on their a while ago and I still found it real funny listening to a game in Irish even though I speak so much of it every day.
    No offence but theres something about that Donegal Irish accent that is so incredibly funny. Went to see the Irish poems on the LC made into a play there a while ago in a theatre and the main-part of the drama spent 75% or the time taking the piss out of "Go de" (referenced from Cathal O Searcaigh's poem).

On topic, whats really good for improving french is go to your nearest easons and you can usually get Le Monde etc. for 2E, and for improving your aural abilities try tuning a radio around on MW/LW and you can usually find something.
    As for Irish just get Foinse which is free, listen to RnaG, or watch TG4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Hi, I downloaded the files from the website and now they are all in my computer but how do I put them into my ipod library???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

In iTunes, click 'File' and then 'Add file to library' and then select the tracks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

I'm just downloading 'Learn French by Podcast' here now. Yep, I'm that desperate.

Does anyone know if these language podcasts're up to much?

Less Stress, More Success are meant to be bringing podcasts out in the near future too. Will you use them? If they had them last year, what did you think of them?

I downloaded them about 2 weeks ago at xmas as well as a different set of ones, I've only listened to a few, the ones i did listen to were just going through some random grammer which was good, I'm gonna try and listen to the conversation ones alot more.

I definetly think they will help my aural, (because i'll be used to listening to french people)

My oral,( I'll learn to pronounce and also typical basic conversations french people have)

And overall i think they're a good idea if you use them correctly

Also to upload them to the i-tunes you have to click file, then go the the " add folder to library" and add them from the folder containing them.

Advertisement