Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hdloader in europe(ps2)

Options
  • 19-02-2007 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

is there anywhere i europe i can buy hdloader from that works with the old ps2 .i.e not slim i think dvd9 support is needed or somthing,just want the latest one to work with the fat ps2 andi dont know much about hdloaders

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

so ive checked about and i need hdadvance (pref 3.0) but the only place i can find it is 20 euro which i dont mind followd by 16 euro for delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

If you have the hard drive and network adapter, hdloader can still be found. All you need is a way to write to a Memory card Action replay or other..

0.8b is the latest.

kdjac

to honest hdadvance looks the best

what do you mean by needing a way to write to memory card?

i have a 200GB maxtor drive and net adaptor i want to use

also this may be again the rules but if i have an import games can i rip it and play using a hard disk solution or will a modchip still be needed

You can play import games if your tv supports NTSC my old didnt so i had to rip them patch them to pal and then played them off HDloader.

Also removes the need for discs, i have all the kids games on the hard drive no more disc touching is handy and you can patch Pro evo easily :)

HDadvance can be got on ebay, make sure you get a pressed disc some people sell a copy which is useless if your ps2 isnt modded. There is a way to burn a Hdadvance image to a disc but it never worked for me so i went with hdloader and the memory card trick.

Only illegal part is downloading games but buying them and loading them si fine, once you start using this you will wish every console did it this way.

kdjac

the only one on ebay is hdadvance 2.0which is based in belfast,and only comes with the dvd and not the cdrom

for 20 euro plus 5 delivery

what advantages does 3.0 have over 2.0?

so are you saying i can just download and burn on an unmodded ps2 with a certain method? lol think i picked you up wrong there

• Advertisement

weeder wrote:

what advantages does 3.0 have over 2.0?

so are you saying i can just download and burn on an unmodded ps2 with a certain method? lol think i picked you up wrong there

Hdadvance 3.0 is about 2 years old it doesnt support most new games which require "modes" hdloader has 9 modes and is constantly upda, HDA has only 3. So its really a waste of money.

There is a way to burn a HDadvance to a disc, never worked for me. I went with the memory card exploit and worked flawlessly. All you need is the ability to transfer a file from your PC to a memory card.

kdjac

ok, thankyou for your help!

much appreciated

can you please link me to this memory card exploit if its allowed here

http://exploitstation.com/articles/armax_exploit_usb/ARMaxExploitUSB.html

You need an original Ps1 disc to complete this, when done you can stream movies from your PC to the Ps2 and other things like emulators and home brew software.

I am a master at this, I can do this for you if i know the SLES of your Ps1 disc but i truly suck at posting things ;p

kdjac

well i found a guide

http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/94/62/

it is to my understanding i only need the swap magic once? and then when the psx games attempts to boot i get hddloader instead? or do i have to choose load game from the menu

in that case ill buy the swapmagic(cant hurt to have a copy) although i heard it can fux up the ps2 is there any truth in that?

if i want to play the said psx game do i just remove the memory card? and reinsert it if i want to load or save? or do i need a seperate memory card

also my last question is this,
    it says in the guide i need a ps1 or 2 memory card, now as far as i know the ps1 games cant read from a ps2 card?

is there anywhere in ire4land i can post my memory card and get the exploit installed?

well a game ill probsz never play again is SLES 03371

would it work with a demo disk?ive plenty of those :P

• Advertisement

alright im pretty confident about trying this now!

just need to get a swapmagic from somwhere

would somone be so kind as to lend me one?

anyone?

PM me if you will either lend me a swap magic/action replay or ifyoull install the exploit for me,
    thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think you have another problem. The 200GB HDD won't work. 120Gb is the max the PS2 will take.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭hurleyd

if you know someone with a modded ps2, or anyone that already has the exploit done, they could ftp the required files to a memory card for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I think you have another problem. The 200GB HDD won't work. 120Gb is the max the PS2 will take.

Could he not partition it?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭hurleyd

Retr0gamer wrote:

A 200GB harddrive will work fine. Just make sure it is formatted using the 48-bit HDLOADER setting. The latest HDLoader should do that automatically or use WinHiip to format it. There is, however, a limit of 255 games only on the drive, but 200gigs isn't enough to do that!

Advertisement