Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6280 video files

• 19-02-2007 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

Hey,I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me. I have a Nokia 6280 on 3 and I was wondering is there a way to get video files from my pc onto the phone,and have them work obviously.

I have downloaded clips from my phone and they work grand. I then tried to transfer an episode of Family Guy from my pc to the phone and it said the file type wasn't supported. So I got a program to convert avi files to 3GP files,the type the phone supports. I then transferred it again. This time the file plays the audio but no video plays. Any ideas how I get the video to play as well? I got a 2gb memory card for it so it would be handy to throw a few episodes of some tv shows I have on my hard drive,onto the phone.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

what program are you using to convert them? i use xilisoft 3gp converter and have never had a problem with the video not displaying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

what program are you using to convert them? i use xilisoft 3gp converter and have never had a problem with the video not displaying
    I got Plato 3pg converter and my nokia couldn't regocnise it. did you get xilisoft 3pg converter for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

did you pay for xilisoft? I downloaded the trial version but you can only encode 2 minutes of a file with the trial version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

There arent really many great programs you can get for free. I use Superavconverter. IT converts any file into any format and has never caused any problems for me. Only thing is the full version cost about $30. Its worth it though because you can use it for converting iPod videos aswell.
    http://www.mysupersoft.com/

Advertisement