Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice Before A ''Friend'' Do Somthing Illegal

Options
  • 19-02-2007 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know where the law stand about putting fraudulent tax discs on your car, a friend i know is thinlking of doing it and i want to talk him out of it.

-VB-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tacklemore

To the best of my knowledge, car is siezed and a court case/fine as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

i think the penatly would be a lot more serious than the actual doing sounds.
    Tax evasion... I think the guy would end up in prison

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

It's worse than having no tax, you're actually committing tax fraud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Volvoboy wrote:
    Does anybody know where the law stand about putting fraudulent tax discs on your car, a friend i know is thinlking of doing it and i want to talk him out of it.

-VB-
    If the guy can afford to put petrol in the car then surely he can afford tax? What are his reasons for doing this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Thats grand, ''He'' is'nt doing it anymore,, belive me he is'nt!!

-VB-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

The old "friend" story ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

A friend of mine got caught for this a good while back and nothing came of it. Got away with a warning to tax it properly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

DeBeere wrote:
    The old "friend" story ;)

:D

-VB-

Advertisement