Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

C'etait un Rendez-Vous

Options
  • 19-02-2007 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if the Snow Patrol's new song is in actual fact the same piece made by Claude Lelouch. I'm referring to the 8 mins drive through Paris. Think the song by Snow Patrol is Open Your Eyes. I hope its in the right forum, just thought when I'd seen the video that I'd seen it before.

Claude Lelouch's piece:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_KTsynnR0w

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It is. And before anyone spouts off about Ferraris etc, it was filmed from the bumper of the directors Mercedes w116 450 se

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

mike65 wrote:
    It is. And before anyone spouts off about Ferraris etc, it was filmed from the bumper of the directors Mercedes w116 450 se

Mike.
    450SEL 6.9, actually.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Linky, lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_KTsynnR0w original film,

This is a recent documentary showing Lelouch and his Merc retracing the course of his
    joyride.

Mike.

I thoroughly enjoyed that :)

Great to see Lelouch's very late but still most welcome disclosure. In one of my all time favourite cars!
    I was doing 200km/h here normally but I can't do that today
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Hmm, every day is a school day. I too was one of the masses who beleived the car to be a Ferrari, largely due to the fact the intro to the dvd I have claims it to be.

Wikipedia reveals that the car was indeed a Merc but the sound was dubbed from a Ferrari.

And Snow Patrol are the second band to use it as a music video.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

And Snow Patrol are the second band to use it as a music video.

Who was the first?

Roddy23 wrote:
    Who was the first?

The band Low vs Diamond chose to use the film as the video for their song "Life After Love" which first appeared mid 2006

One wonders why Lelouch didn't use his Ferrari in the first place. Perhaps the camera didn't fit? :)

Mercedes_not_Ferrari.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

unkel wrote:
    One wonders why Lelouch didn't use his Ferrari in the first place. Perhaps the camera didn't fit? :)
    Also, perhaps a large, softly sprung saloon was a better vehicle to film from (less camera shake) than a Ferrari.

Advertisement